Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Decent knee pads for pedalling
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone recommend a set? I have big legs, and don’t get one at all with Kyle Straits (I f&!(%$@/ hate them) ‘cos they refuse to stay in place unless I strap them so tight that they start to cut off circulation

GW
    Free Member

none

nickf
    Free Member

661 Evo do the job for me. Not that I pedal much with pads on – only use them when predominantly DH.

kayak23

Fox Launch?

sprocker
    Free Member

I have the d30 six six ones in XL for my big knees which have been the best yet, the fox launch pads are supposed to be pretty good, couple of my mates rave about them and they are not that dear. Poc just seem to slip when you crash and need them.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I borrowed a pair of Veggie’s for a weekend in Gisburne. I’d never worn knee pads before and didn’t think I would get on with them at all. Initially I was right, they kept slipping down and I was very conscious of them being there. However, after playing with the adjustments all morning, by lunchtime on the first day I had them fitting nice, staying put and forgot I was wearing them in time. I can’t compare with other types but Gisburne is pretty peddely and the Veggies were fine.

boxxer7
    Free Member
    z1ppy

I though G-Form were flavour of the month… look good to me.

Duggan

I never would have considered knee pads for XC but smashed my knee up pretty good last Sunday in Hayfield.

Not sure now, if I thought I could get some discreet pads that were pretty unobtrusive then maybe I would. But then again if they’re so discreet that they only really stop you grazing your knee and nothing more then it seems a bit pointless?

The thought of coming off and landing on the same knee again is pretty 😕 though

wwaswas

I find my POC’s very good. I’d recommend you try them before buying though if you have thunder thighs.

[edit] been wearign mine for xc for about 2 years since a knee mangling incident ‘just riding along’.

thebunk

Bashing your knee JRA is why I wear my Endura MT500s all the time. The 661 Evos look good, and bike tart are selling them cheap at the mo.

Try some on first though!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Troy Lee KG5400 – lightweight and ignorable.

BikeTart have 40% off some 661 gear…

rocketman
    Free Member

Launch Pros every time. They are snug to begin with but like everything neoprene they stretch and you know you’re wearing them but only in the same way you know you’re wearing undercrackers.

Huge cut-out behind the knee makes them all-day comfortable.

Have tested them many times & they work great

splashdown
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing RaceFace Flank LW’s for the past 18 months – very comfy, not too sweaty and saved my knees when our local tree roots took to wearing copper slip!

foxyrider
    Free Member
    o96192083
    Free Member

I have Launch Pro’s too and they are nice pads. Subtle branding and comfy padding make for a good pad for all day riding, and they have a decent kevlar layer so actually would stop some pretty big hits I would imagine!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 for the Fox Launch Pro pads.

I came off a few weeks ago and hurt my knee. My mate asked why I didn’t have pads on, I explained it was because they are uncomfortable and keep slipping down but wear them when absolutely necessary (uplift days or in the Alps)

Anyway, it kind of got me thinking that maybe I ought to buy some comfortable pads then.

Fox Launch Pro’s were new on me last Sunday and I hardly noticed them in my 16 mile ride around Moel Famau. Made my knees warm so nice for chilly weather too.

johnnystorm

Just got some GForms. I’m really happy with them. Apart from looking too “kitted out” there wouldn’t be an issue wearing them on any ride out. I’m going to get the elbow pads as well. They do look lightweight (they are!) but I feel that if I can be bothered wearing something it’s going to protect me a lot more than something I leave behind because it’s uncomfortable!

johnnystorm

Whoops double post.

7hz
    Free Member

661 Evo seem fine to me, wear them on the ups and downs inc all-dayers in the Alps.

Get them a bit snug as opposed to a bit loose or just right, as they expand and loosen with use.

Pauly

New Troy Lee ones are great. Only fit & forget pads I’ve used.

nmdbase
    Free Member

I have 661 Kyle strait and they aren’t comfy pedaling at all

bspoked
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some 661 Rhythms. I’ll let you know how I get on.

SOAP
    Free Member

I have MT500’s and they are great when I can remember to wear them 🙂

derekrides
    Free Member

+1 for these..

Northwind

Fit’s very important, you need to be wary of taking recommendations on this tbh… I can (and have) pedal all day in my Kyle Straits, in total comfort, and they stay where they’re put in crashes too… But if they don’t fit you, they won’t do either of those things. And same goes for any other pad.

jonnyrockymountain

Dianese knee/shin pads brilliant!!!!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have 661 Kyle strait which I mainly wear when the weather is a bit cold, and I don’t notice them pedalling. But I see they don’t fit you, so I guess it’s a bit pot-luck.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Decent knee pads for pedalling’ is closed to new replies.