Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 191 total)
  • Debate round 2
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Ok Gordon Brown – you first.

jj55

Cleggs looking good again!

carbon337
    Free Member

Im struggling to listen when the presenter looks like a star wars character – who's he?

jj55

Clegg is definitely rattling camerons cage!! Dave's worried!!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Apart from the "bathtime squabble" quip, I reckon Gordo is doing pretty well so far. Cameron is looking rather scared.

grahamt1980

More 'I went running with this bloke just back from afghanistan' from Dave

carbon337
    Free Member

Gordon didnt quite manage to say improvised – imp impr imp…..explosive device – other than that he's doing ok tonight

iDave
    Free Member

cameron went for a run with someone yesterday, who said something

clegg comes over much better than the others, broon looks old and out of touch, cameron uber-slime

WackoAK
    Free Member

Clegg still good, Brown a bit better. Cameron still floundering.

jj55

The 'ref' is very weak!

grahamt1980

Not as bad as Stewart last week, he was truly shite.
    Not sure how clegg did on the trident one just then, although Brown came across as properly stroppy

AdamT

Is it me, or are they all trying to be a bit more in touch e.g. "I went running"…"my kids at bathtime" "I've got solar panels" Slightly cringeworthy IMHO.

solarider
    Free Member

which tv channel? I can't find it!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Online, sky or BBC news IIRC

jj55

Politics – its theatre but its better than a dictatorship or communism 😉

grahamt1980
    solarider
    Free Member

Bloody disgrace that SKY are so overtly sponsoring it. It's not the 'SKY debate', it's part of a democratic process. Agree that the ref is better than last week, but surely it should be a more neutral broadcaster.

It's politics, not a giant TV ad Murdoch!

FWIW, Brown is doing better this week.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I think Dave just followed through.

jj55

Brown is stronger this week …………

……… Dave is looking lost

wonnyj
    Free Member

The bbc link above is much better than the guardian stream btw

wonnyj
    Free Member

cripes, dave just shat himself again re expenses

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

surely it should be a more neutral broadcaster

Such as….? Erm.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Quite a good point by David about young families saving. Then Gordo dropped a bomb on him…

solarider
    Free Member

Anybody who doesn't call it the bbc/sky/itv/ etc etc debate!

Last week's debate wasn't called the ITV Debate, so why should this one be called the Sky Debate?

grahamt1980

I think Gordy is winning at the moment, clegg second, and dave a long way back

solarider
    Free Member

Brown has done well. It's clearly Brown, followed by Clegg, followed by Cameron.

Any way you look at it, Cameron has come in last place in all of the debates so far. Didn't see that one coming. He was meant to be the most modern, TV friendly of any of them.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

solarider – its the exposure on his policies and on his smarmyness.

CFH – like the BBC?

wonnyj
    Free Member

I thought the bbc weren't going to stream this debate as due to impartiality they would have to include ukip/bnp + the other cranks. (greens excepted).

grahamt1980

Cameron is getting a right kicking now, walked right into the bit about why isn't something in the manifesto. Doh

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

am i watching the same debate as the rest of you?

Clegg looks and sounds like a double glazing salesman whoes just knocked on your door.

Brown looks like hes struggling to contain his frustration

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

cutting free bus passes and winterfuel allowance shown to be lies buy Channel 4 fact check. http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/2010/03/23/tories-to-cut-pensioner-perks/

solarider
    Free Member

Tandem. Think you got the comments the wrong way round there.

My point doesn't relate to the independence of the broadcaster, but that such a key part of the democratic process should not be sponsored.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I think Cameron looks very weak, and not to mention hypocritical, every time he tries to attach the others on the ground of trying to spread fear in the electorate.

Jim-bob
    Free Member

Didn't Brown just say six thousand million? How much?

Coyote
    Free Member

PSML where Brown was "talking with some young people the other day".

Anyone agreeing with Nick yet?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was answering you on

Any way you look at it, Cameron has come in last place in all of the debates so far. Didn't see that one coming. He was meant to be the most modern, TV friendly of any of them.

– its because he is being exposed on the lack of cohesion of the tory policies and because he looks and sounds smarmy and insincere.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Didn't Brown just say six thousand million? How much?

Yep, that's what 6 billion is.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Has Gordon talked about his poor, unwell aunt yet? Alkie Ada.

Jim-bob
    Free Member

ex-chancellor in not knowing how to count zeroes shocker.

solarider
    Free Member

Agreed Tandem. After years of just complaining about everything that the Government have done, it finally emerges that Cameron wouldn't know what to do if he actually got the top job on May 6th.

I dearly want change. I thought that the Conservatives offered a real alternative. After these debates, I am absolutely sure that they don't. The Lib Dems are too untested. Labour have done nothing. Oh bugger! Now I don't know what to do.

Also, why does Clegg keep calling the others by their full first and last names? David Cameron, instead of David. Gordon Brown instead of Gordon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 191 total)

The topic ‘Debate round 2’ is closed to new replies.