Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Day 3 with no fags
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Yesterday I shouted at a roast chicken……today I climbed a hill I’ve never climbed right to the very top

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good man – keep going

wrecker
    Free Member

Keep it up. I’m 4 months smoke free now, I’m now keeping up with a riding buddy who normally leaves me for dead.
    I have more money, I smell better, I look better and I feel much better.
    Drinking cold water did the trick for me.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I’m on smoke free day 7187 and I feel great 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Quitters are Fitter :mrgreen:

yunki
    Free Member

your body will be nicotine free by the morning.. it’s a lot easier after that..

just take it one craving at a time and keep reminding yourself that the cravings will only last a few seconds at most.. you might not even get any

lost count of how long since I last had a smoke but it’s got to be nearly a year now

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

20 days for me. Although I did have a roley on Friday night just to remind myself that I’m glad Ive given up.

carlos
    Free Member

Nice one. Used to be a smoker and don’t miss it one bit, still can’t stand the smell of stale smoke on work mate’s clothes though, to the point I move away.

Keep it up

Gordy
    Free Member

Stick in, Dogbert.

peasant
    Free Member

Two years free of the nicotine monster best thing i have ever done only wished i given up earlier ,keep it up you will succeed ,then you can buy more bikes 😀

paulosoxo
    Free Member

20 days for me. Although I did have a roley on Friday night just to remind myself that I’m glad Ive given up.

Does this mean I can buy ten tomorrow so that I can remind myself why I gave up?

khani
    Free Member

Quitters are Fitter Fatter

😥
    apart from that it’s all good.. 😀

Del

Does this mean I can buy ten tomorrow so that I can remind myself why I gave up?

no. you either smoke or you don’t. once on the wagon don’t fall off!

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

only if you buy ones you don’t like. I stopped-ish a few weeks ago (15yrs/half my life of chain smoking) after a few days in bed with the flu – being as i don’t smoke indoors, i re-read the allen carr book (in a voluntarily brainwashy mood, rather than cynical, this time) and have managed to swap the laziness over from “can’t be arsed to stop” to “can’t be arsed to go outside”.

This is reaffirmed by having a month’s supply of duty free Amber Leaf, the emergency big-size filters and thick papers (i hate all of these things) – whenever i fancy one i’ll have one (twice in the last week), and find it that rank i’ll finish after a couple of drags.

The few times i’ve tried giving up before it’s felt like a game, where sooner or later i’ll have gone long enough that i’ll deserve a celebratory fag. Not so much this time, the allen carr thing seems to have circumvented my complete lack of will-power (i’d not like to appear a zealot here – i thought it was a bag of **** first time of reading it – you’ve to allow yourself to go full-hippy for it to work it seems)

christ, i’ve waffled a bit here (been making a point of drinking whilst i’m not bothered about smoking, so’s i break the link between the two – let’s blame that)

good luck to you sir

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

second thoughts, go with him before me ^^

donsimon
    Free Member

Good on you.

JulianA
    Free Member

Had three cigars tonight and they were fab… Crap, I know, but they were fab! Just want another one now!

davidjones15
    Free Member

I used The Book when I quit, it was mostly to remind me why I stopped and help me understand why JulianA wants another cigar, it also made me realise how pathetic I was for falling for the tricks of the tobacco companies in the same way JulianA has. 😉

Del

LOL SG. you know where you’re at. i followed the method prescribed. 😉
    if you want to stop, it’ll work. you know the score.
    all the best.
    D.

boxelder

Day 4.

Keep it up.

bish

Well done, i’m on a week today and it’s been quite a lot easier than i expected. I dare say the Allen Carr book has helped though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This time tomorrow I’ll be 7 days smoke free. Avg speed is up on the roadbike already, lungs are doing a great job of clearing out the last 2-3 months of relapse.

scaredypants

Yesterday I shouted at a roast chicken

😆

I hope you’re still off ’em OP
    Assaulted any vegetables recently ?

Hohum
    Free Member

Oh dear TSY, what happened?

Oh well, at least you are back off them again.

As for the other quitters, well done! Quitting is hard work, but it won’t kill you, but if you don’t then you will probably die younger.

rOcKeTdOg

davidtaylforth – Member

so 2 days then

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Had to help someone out Ho Hum and succumb to temptation, then couldn’t chuck the baccy away, then bought some more and some more etc etc

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Had to help someone out Ho Hum and succumb to temptation, then couldn’t chuck the baccy away, then bought some more and some more etc etc

We’ve all been there. Good on you for giving it a lash.

Smokers are jokers. 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

That’s the three toughest days over with. Apart from day 4 (then there’s an easy spell till you go the pub on day 17 ish). After that – it gets easier.

Honestly – you’ve broken the back of it – stick with it!

Hohum
    Free Member

DD+1

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It was the early morning pre ride fag with a nice cup of coffee this morning that I wanted the most…. mmmmh head rush.

Currently trying to avoid being goaded into eating a whole Victoria Sponge 🙁 Buttercream is more addictive than crack.

dogbert
    Free Member

Well it’s been a week and a day, still no fags, even had a few beers last night with no real need to smoke. Have had a few snappy moments and still feel the need to mow people down with a trolley in Asda……but then I would want to do that fags or no fags

My plans for the money I will save:

oh, and of course the healthier life will be nice too

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I still bloody miss the early morning fag with a coffee. 😐

Hohum
    Free Member

Aye, a fag, coffee and a pooh and I would be right as rain!

I never used to get constipated when I smoked.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Day 3 with no fags’ is closed to new replies.