Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Dave Hinde Racing shop.
  • joemcdaid
    Free Member

DO NOT buy anything from this company. I made the mistake of ordering wheels from their site and i have been almost amazed by the level of incompetence within the company. When my order didn’t arrive i sent an email only to be fobbed off, so i called and i was told they would look into it. Eventually i was told there was a mix up with the order and it had to be re-ordered, fair enough you think but now it gets funny, when i asked how long would the wheels would take i was told they had no idea as their system is automated and basically it has a mind of its own. Skynet is here i feared but after some research online i found loads of bad reviews for this firm and claims that they actually advertise items they don’t even stock. To be told by a company that they can’t tell you when the item you have already paid for will be despatched is appalling and i have a distinct feeling that this has all been a way of fobbing me off. Surely when things go wrong with your despatch system its as easy as going to where ever you keep your stock, picking a set of wheels off of the shelf, posting them and voila one happy(ish) customer. I have asked for a refund but i’m guessing that will also be a long drawn out process.
    In summary DON’T USE DAVE HINDE OR THEIR EBAY STORE ‘FAST PARTS FOR BIKES’, there are loads of decent, honest bike shops online. Chainreaction, wiggle, merlincycles, leisurelake bikes, evans cycles, basically anybody but Dave Hinde.
    P.S if you (the shop) are reading this, if i don’t get my refund as previous reviewers have claimed i’ll pay a visit to your shop and either take my wheels or something of equal or greater value (to cover my inconvenience)

ScottChegg
    Free Member

..and in other news, Terry Wogan turns out to be Irish…

piemonster

Blimey is that shop still going.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

christ, i remember people complaining about him in the 90’s.

Jamie
    Free Member

*cue suspiciously new member bigging them up*

Junkyard
    Free Member

sorry you learnt the hard way what we already knew

marcus7
    Free Member

yep not really news… although I’d be careful about making threats on the internet ( especially on this forum)….

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’m yet to find an online bike shop that does stock all the items it advertises tbh. CRC not included.

Edukator
    Free Member

At this point I normally link the court ruling but now get a 404 for the page.

anagallis_arvensis

DaveHinde does just keep on giving doesnt he!

JRTG
    Free Member

I am used to people sticking up for shops but I guess since this isn’t the case so far, they are really that bad. Will avoid!

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m not new, but I’ve never had an issue. Saying that I always drop in and collect

joemcdaid
    Free Member

I’m not going to go in for a refund, i was just angry when i wrote this as it messed up my riding holiday a little. Luckily i used a credit card as i always do when purchasing from a new company. If i don’t get the refund on the promised date i’ll be calling the bank and reporting it. They may have more success with this lot.

jam-bo

3dvgirl – Member
    christ, i remember people complaining about him in the 90’s.

Me too. What’s his secret as plenty of good bike shops have gone to the wall in that time.

He must have some satisfied customers.

Crag
    Free Member

I’ve only ever had one dealing with them. About 10 years ago, ordered an XT groupset which all turned up OK. Seems I was one of the few lucky ones.

Having read the many tales of woe since, I wouldn’t touch again.

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s his secret as plenty of good bike shops have gone to the wall in that time.

It’s* a** front*** for**** a***** meth****** operation*******, a******** la********* Breaking*********** Bad.************

*Allegedly
    **Allegedly
    ***Allegedly
    ****Allegedly
    *****Allegedly
    ******Allegedly
    *******Allegedly
    ********Allegedly
    *********Allegedly
    **********Allegedly
    ***********Allegedly
    ************Allegedly

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve used them for decades and only had one problem when two front Tioga XC’s turned up instead of a F&R.
    Though when I order online I’m happy to wait a month’ish with them for wheels.
    Bit like ‘off the peg’ frames that take 6-8 weeks to deliver?

OP
    How long have you been waiting, and are they factory or handbuilts?

MoreCashThanDash

Used him twice in the past with no problems, but given the experiences of others I may not try again

joemcdaid
    Free Member

they are factory built (hope) wheels that i was told where on the shelf. its been two weeks and they still have not been sent let alone received. i have since called them and told them to keep the wheels as i want a refund. To which i was told they only do refunds on a friday? sounds odd to me but i will give them another chance to shine, but come next friday i’ll be calling the bank if i have not received the refund. To be fair i spoke to hope and they said they hadn’t had an order from DH and that the had no records of them ordering Pro3 Sp Am-4 wheels so how they can have them “in stock” bewilders me.

footflaps

Every real person I know who’ve used him has been completely shafted inc receiving a derailleur in pieces in a bag!

*real as in know in flesh and blood rather than internet persona only.

oldgit
    Free Member

The thing that puzzles me is that he has accounts with a lot of top brands and can do good prices. That would suggest he sells a lot of kit?

Edit;

I’ve got a couple of hundred custom built wheels to finish, a stack of new bike orders on the go and yet I have still found time to finish Simon Smyth’s custom frame/bike for Cycling Weekly’s long term test.

joemcdaid
    Free Member

yeah he does sell a lot but does he send it to the customer? i’m not saying this guy is a con artist i am merely pointing out the despatch procedures and customer service they have are truly shocking. This kind of service may of been excusable back in the mail order days (before the internet) but in a day and age where for £5.90 delivery charge i can get a reverb seat post purchased on a sunday evening from Germany delivered to me wednesday morning this slow paced service doesn’t cut it. Imagine taking an item back to telcos and being told yes you can have a refund but it’ll not happen until next friday as we only do refunds then? HUH?? Well as i said they have a chance to refund me by friday as per their word and i will update this come friday. I only posted this to warn others, i wish i’d spotted the warnings other posted in the past, to be fair i was attempting to order some wheel last minute for a trip to france.

footflaps

and can do good prices

I’m guessing he employs too few staff on absolute minimum wage hence the utterly shite customer experience. Still, he still seems to be in business despite a terrible reputation – bit like the Ryanair of the bike world.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Wogan’s Irish?

acehtn
    Free Member

Refund by a set date ?

Did they tell you they don’t do any refunds until the end of the month when accounts do them enmasse.

Funny how quick they take your money, but seem incapable of doing a refund.

They just dicked about, where rude very unhelpful etc etc, refund never happened, so my bank must be at fault, credits have been sent out, go to bank and get statements, waste my time, etc etc, will have to wait until the end of the month etc etc.

Took 3 months and jumping through credit card company hoops and they got my money back, and this was back in the late 90’s.

Since i got the internet about 8 years ago i now use it to pre-check anywhere i might online shop with.

Good luck with getting your money, most do but it might take a while.

totalshell

i’m NOT a new poster but, i ordered a pair of wheels and recieved what i ordered in good time at an excellent price.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d be careful about making threats on the internet ( especially on this forum)….

Why?

footflaps

i’m NOT a new poster but, i ordered a pair of wheels and recieved what i ordered in good time at an excellent price.

You are David Hinde and I claim my £5!

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re a David Hinde sleeper cell, and I claim my free spokey dokeys.

grtdkad

i’m NOT a new poster but, i ordered a pair of wheels and recieved what i ordered in good time at an excellent price

Me too. Twice. Wheel builds on each occassion.

The only minor issue was one was despatched without a skewer, which turned up the following week. No probs.

woody74

Personally I think they are bunch of crooks. Bought 3 full bike builds from them quite a few years back all in one go and they just took the p*ss from day one. The number of telephone calls to find out where things were when everything was meant to be in stock. They just lied through their teeth time and time again and were so abusive on the phone. In the end I got my credit card company to sort them out, cancel the order and reclaim the lost money. I am truly amazed they are still going and anyone buys from them.

oldgit
    Free Member

Custom wheels ordered 15/08/13, waiting for me today. As ordered, cheap and true 😕

MoreCashThanDash

Stone the unbelievers!

joemcdaid
    Free Member

Well true to form i still haven’t had a refund and shock horror when i phone up i am told it is yet another department that has now dropped the metaphorical ball and this department again don’t have a phone. So thats the despatch team and the accounts team without phones, sounds like a well oiled retail outlet.
    I’ve had enough of their excuses and i have contacted my bank and reported the transaction. thank god for insured cards. Ordered the same wheels from wiggle and i should expect they’ll arrive after the bank holiday as advertised. For those who are pro-DHR well done you must be one of the lucky ones who got their goods as promised, i am not on a smear campaign i am purely advertising the shocking consumer experience i have had (and i have all the emails saved as evidence). This whole thread/advert was supposed to act as a warning to others, whilst i appreciate you have had “good service” and you feel this balances the scales i disagree we are the customers and should get good service 100% of the time especially once they have taken your money. a shop shouldn’t have any cases like these plastered all over the internet, if this kind of thing happened once it should of lead to a change in procedures and possibly personnel not just be yet another case of DHR screwing someone over with little or no remorse.
    Top tip if you must use this bunch of cowboys use a payment method thats insured such as mastercard or paypal. Because chances are you’ll need the insurance.
    Peace out and ride safe!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

All I can assume is, with the number of new people taking up the sport in recent years, they are all drawn in by the adverts and low prices.

How else are they in business?

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s nice to see some thins have not changed over the years. I was getting fed up with all the change in the trade

oldgit
    Free Member

When I were a lad I had to buy all my bits from the local shop (Birds of Colindale) If you wanted anything higher spec than Sturmey Archer you had to order it. That meant cash up front and wait for the van to turn up Wednesday, back then all vans turned up on Wednesdays. Come 4pm I’d walk to the shop expecting my little exotic bit of kit, only to be told the van didn’t show up. Me and my mate Robin used to laugh about it. I’m sure he waited nearly a year to get his Campag bottom bracket, two months was pretty normal.
    Problems aside it taught me to always have spares, to maintain my bike after every ride and replace things before they wore.
    There are certainly two Hinde camps. He still seems to be very well respected, and he and his staff put a lot into the local scene.
    This though has put me off, which is a shame because I’ve had nothing but very very good service from them.

samuri
    Free Member

As above. I simply can’t believe they are still in business. I’ve never gone to them because I was reading bad reviews back in the 90’s but they’ve obviously nailed some key selling point on the head. They should write a book.

Cletus
    Free Member

Dave Hinde’s Ebay Feedback

Some of DH’s responses to negative ebay feedback are actually quite amusing (in a WTF – are they seriously running a business way).

They definitely could make a compelling reality TV show set in their shop

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Dave Hinde Racing shop.’ is closed to new replies.