Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Dave Hinde Racing shop.
  • bazingaeuan

What I’m experiencing now is nothing short of criminal behaviour. I urge anyone who has ever or is currently experiencing problems with said company to issue a complaint with trading standards. I don’t want anyone to experience the level of customer support I am receiving.

It’s horrific.

joemcdaid
    Free Member

i’ve never seen my refund i have started proceedings with my bank and they are going to get the money back. sorry to hear of your troubles too matey.

bazingaeuan

Yup – I’ve been promised a refund over 30 days ago. Reported the transaction to the bank and compiling evidence. Trading standards report filed. Same story as yourself I imagine. Ordered wheels – fobbed off with excuses – cancelled and asked for a refund – loads of excuses why it hasn’t happened. They have been earning interest on my money for two months now. FIle a report mate!

tinybits
    Free Member

Why don’t you walk into the store and demand it? I’d feel angry enough to make the trip….

piemonster

Why don’t you walk into the store and demand it? I’d feel angry enough to make the trip….

If the comments I’ve heard on the Internet are even half true, going into the store would result in the staff offering a two word reply, last word being “off”

captcaveman
    Free Member

Bought a rear wheel of them years ago, took ages and every phone call was lies
    1st call -“it’s in the post”
    2nd call – “it’s just been finishe din workshop”
    3rd call – “we’re waiting on a part which is why it’s delayed”

Eventually 2 wheels (front and rear) turn up, only paid for the rear so I felt justified in not telling them! 😉

Have never been back

bazingaeuan

Haha. I had a cracker the other day.

“I sent you an email yesterday Mr Smith”

“No you didn’t”

“No worries I’ll send it again”

“Don’t bother just tell me what you wrote in the email”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know what the email says”

“You said you wrote it?”

Silence…

“So somebody else wrote it?”

“Yes”

“Then check it again…”

“I can’t”

Useless…

bazingaeuan

And a 9 hour round trip to be sworn at is not very appealing…

joemcdaid
    Free Member

how do you file a report with trading standards? i’ve checked their website but i couldn’t see a file a report tab or link.

joemcdaid
    Free Member

report filed, cheers for the link. lets hope they get closed down.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hahahahahha… No, it’ll never happen he’s a Teflon coated little shit.

bazingaeuan

Bump. Never order. Two months and no refund. Terrible shop etc. Warning to people thinking about placing an order.

joemcdaid
    Free Member

i’ve still not had a refund i’m just waiting on my bank reclaiming the money from them. I second never order from these thieves.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why isn’t this a sticky*?

*On every bike forum in the land.

tthew

Loving the excuses about different ‘departments’ screwing up on the bottom of the previous page. There’s Dave and 2 others, (possibly 3) working out of a shop.

And don’t worry, they dick local riders around the same way as mail order purchasers, you’re not special. 😆 The amazing thing is loads of these locals keep going back for more!

mrmo
    Free Member

And don’t worry, they dick local riders around the same way as mail order purchasers, you’re not special. The amazing thing is loads of these locals keep going back for more!

The amazing thing is they are still going after 20+ years of the same service.

edhornby

The shop isn’t near anything, I can only assume he is pretty much rent free and surviving on small turnover

marcus7
    Free Member

“Not near anything”…. are you mad there is a fabulous chemical works just down the road… i’ll call it ICI to show my age… The shop hasn’t changed in over 20 years (i used to go there back in the day to get x-lite Ti bolts). IME Dave was never that friendly… i once asked for some some mudguards and was told told “get a wet arse!”, which was kind of funny but i dont think he was joking. Last time i was there i was lied to about fixing my wheel but they were cheap which i guess is why they keep going. For those who have not visited the shop just imagine a specialized concept store and then the absolute opposite!.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Why isn’t this a sticky*?

*On every bike forum in the land.

Couldn’t agree more. I am just in the process of finding out the hard way too. I keep thinking, why oh why didn’t I spend more time on the STW forum, so I knew about this unscrupulous retailer …

In my experience, if you’ve not come across Dave Hinde Racing then you can expect:

1) Your money to be taken, but no or slow delivery
    2) Very poor customer relations (how do they get any repeat business?)
    3) When you phone the number they provide to be told they can’t help you as you need to get in touch with the despatch team, and they are in a different building with no telephone (really!!!). You can only e-mail them.
    4) No or limited replies from the despatch team. When they do reply their mails will be full of lies, lack key details and be infrequent. Like when I asked them to confirm they had sent my item and provide the name of the courier and the tracking ID … they only replied with the name of the courier (not much use, except the courier was good enough to tell me that they had nothing for my address despite the retailer telling me that it had been despatched twice)
    5) To be told that your order is ready for despatch (more than once), because there is always an excuse why it didn’t go when they said it would. So you’ll have the feeling that they are selling stuff they don’t have and stalling all the time.

I am certain that others have had bigger problems with them. I’m not looking for any sympathy as it is my own stupid fault for buying from them. I’ve had enough of trying to get my goods from them after only a few days and refuse to waste any more of my time talking to them. I do want to keep this post current so that other people know to avoid them.

I got some advice from CAB, and have done the following …

1) Sent them a letter (recorded delivery) cancelling my order and demanding a full refund. The letter quotes relevant sections from the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations.
    2) Contacted my credit card company and opened a dispute.
    3) Now going to find out how to report them to trading standards.

One way or another I WILL get my money back from these scumbags. I don’t care how long it takes.

piemonster

Do they still have an ebay shop?

I feel like a chuckle at the feedback section!

duntstick
    Free Member

Now going to find out how to report them to trading standards.

What a good idea…………bet no-one else has thought of that 🙂

Who do you report trading standards to when they do b^gger-all about it, I wonder?

Jamie
    Free Member

Do they have a chimney?

piemonster

Chimney +1

Huzzah

Jamie
    Free Member

They have 2 chimneys?

Excellent.

Pass me the All-Bran.

johnellison
    Free Member

I’m not new, but I’ve never had an issue. Saying that I always drop in and collect

I bought quite bit off stuff off them via eBay a few years ago and never had an issue. Delivery was sometimes a bit slow but nothing I couldn’t live with.

That said, given the bad press that they’ve had I’d never order off them again.

I wonder how much of their s**t-house attitude is down to their customer’s s**t-house attitudes though? I do think that a lot of complainers (especially the serial type (and I’m not saying that that includes anyone here)) do tend to go into these situations all guns blazing and then get upset when they get it back.

wwaswas

I’ve never heard anyone say a good word about Dave Hinde beyond ‘I went to the shop and they sold me something that was visible on a shelf without swearing at me.’.

No one’s ever said ‘They really went the extra mile for me.’.

They may have some difficult customers but it can’t be the *only* type of customer they attract.

piemonster

I wonder how much of their s**t-house attitude is down to their customer’s s**t-house attitudes though?

Other shops seem to manage considerably better. Hinde has always struck me as operation where costs are cut to extreme levels, and that includes customer service. Which seems to me to be the real cause of their attitude towards any problems. They’ve not budgeted for it, so they don’t want to sort it.

Even answering simple questions over the telephone(back in the day, ive not been back) seemed too much for them. I was glad that I did phone them in the end. Highlighted quite clearly I didn’t want to deal with them.

And that was just asking about what cassette ratios they had available in Deore LX or whatever it was. There was no guns blazing involved.

thegreatape
    Free Member

All Bran? Amateur. You want prunes.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I wonder how much of their s**t-house attitude is down to their customer’s s**t-house attitudes though? I do think that a lot of complainers (especially the serial type (and I’m not saying that that includes anyone here)) do tend to go into these situations all guns blazing and then get upset when they get it back.

Not had any experience with Dave Hinde but I do think online retail is very easy to get right.

1, place the order and pay.
    2, Order processed, packed and dispatched.
    3, If the courier gets it right then order received and everyone is happy.

If there are any issues then communicate.

How the hell can this be complicated or more importantly get complicated.?

Washed down with a strong coffee to really loosen things up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Curried prunes a la Guinness.

I’m also tempted to suggest that we start a little campaign. Anyone who has been done over by these lowlifes, simply send them a kipper. In the post. Second class stamp, of course.

thegreatape
    Free Member

With insufficient stamps too

Jamie
    Free Member

No. I want All-Bran. I know exactly what consistency, and fireplace, I am aiming for.

marcus7
    Free Member

It may well be customer attitude sometimes but that last time i was there i was asking for a new rear wheel as my old hope bulb had finally died. the guy at the counter really didnt seem interested until i said my budget was around the £200 mark and to be honest he said he would have to order the parts to build it so at that point i thought better of it and left. I went to a nice man in a shop in chester and he couldn’t have been more helpful and he got the buisness (and i got my wheel!). As an OT i met some very nice chaps in PUSH in ambleside over weekend just wanted to say good luck with thier shop!

spuddle
    Free Member

No one’s ever said ‘They really went the extra mile for me.’.

They trued up a wheel for me for free.

Also, I ordered a set of hope road wheels from them online, and they rang me saying last set had just been sold, but they would hand built me a set to the same spec for the same cost, later I worked out would have cost £46 more.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Extra mile?????

I’d have been happy if they’d gone the first mile rather than stall me for days with a pack of lies.

Oh, and I don’t think the word “sorry” is in their vocabulary.

As an aside, three other retailers have exceeded my expectations in past few days in terms of delivery and service: CRC, Merlin, and Charlie the Bikemonger.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They trued up a wheel for me for free.

If only they could do the same with the wheels they build for folk.

saying last set had just been sold

That old chestnut, eh? Selling stuff they don’t have, classic.

built me a set to the same spec for the same cost

How does the same spec cost £46 more? Should it not be ‘the same’?

You’ve been lightly bummed, and think they’ve done you a favour. That’s a lesson on how they’re still going, I suppose.

spuddle
    Free Member

If only they could do the same with the wheels they build for folk.

They did build the wheelset for me.

How does the same spec cost £46 more? Should it not be ‘the same’?

ok, not the exact same, but a different more expensive rim
    just like buying a new bike is often cheaper than buying the exact same parts separately and putting it together yourself.

You’ve been lightly bummed, and think they’ve done you a favour. That’s a lesson on how they’re still going, I suppose.

No, they HAVE actually done me a favour. Just like currently they are doing a discount for the “breeze” ladies sky riders at the min too

clubber
    Free Member

spuddle is Dave Hinde and I claim my £5.

thehustler
    Free Member

gotta love that hits 5 and six on google are from threads on here about how bad dave hinde racing is, scarey really

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Dave Hinde Racing shop.’ is closed to new replies.