Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dartmoor / Exmoor trails?
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Staying in Bideford in Devon for a week on a family holiday. Wouldn't mind getting out on some trails in the mornings – anyone point me in the direction of some good trails?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry wrong end of Dartmoor – Nr Bovey Tracey 🙁

ajantom

Head north and there's some very nice stuff around Lyton/Lynmouth on North Exmoor.

Best bet is to look at an OS map of the area and follow the bridleways. There is a bike shop in Lynmouth and the guys there are friendly and will point you in the right direction.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cool, thanks guys. I'll probably head over to Lynmouth and ask there then.

jam-bo

the shop in braunton are fairly active and friendly (southfork)

carlphillips
    Free Member

try sponging machine off of here, he always guides random stw folk around those parts/quantox.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Not sure if the shop in Lynmouth is still open. Southfork in Braunton are really friendly and will give you some hints, theres some pretty good riding around Braunton too if thats as far as you want to drive

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just about every trail in a 10 mile radius of Porlock rates between "good" and "ace". I thoroughly recommend: Dunkery Beacon, many trails in Horner Wood, Selworthy Beacon (watch out for elderly walkers on the footpaths), Hawkcombe and many others.

SOAP
    Free Member

any GPX files floating around with said routes on?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Lots of local GPX here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor / Exmoor trails?’ is closed to new replies.