Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • Danny MacAskill rides The Cuillin Ridge
  • remoterob
    Free Member

Unbelievable

Everyone knows that you can’t ride a bike on a beach without a 4.8 inch wide tyre.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Another 4 year old fan here (my daughter, I am a touch older, but still a fan) and she loved it with a wide eyed wow. The look on her face and the mime she performed to her mum when I asked how he got over the fence was a picture though 🙂 She is another “when I am bigger” girl although she is more set on being the fastest person ever on a bike.

scuttler

LOL at Scotroutes

But what’s he ever done on grit?

I haven’t been on them climbing forums for sooooo long.

Of course you remember what happens to mountain bikers who play on grit…

martinxyz
    Free Member

The fence reminds me of riding with him near Aviemore. I warned him about a fence (4 or 5 lines about 6ft high) up ahead that’s hard to see. Anyway, we set off and he was popping off rocks and roots, with me trying to shout to him to slow down for the fence.. only to see him pop off some rocks and only spot it about 10ft away. The bike never made it through but Danny managed to burst through the gap between the lines! He looked a bit shook up when I reached the fence but it was funny after. It’s good that he’s sussed out a new way to negotiate those darn fences.

scotroutes

[/quote]Finally, someone gets it 🙂

wonnyj
    Free Member

Marvellous!

All the better for the Martyn Bennett sound track. I went to his memorial gig/rave in Glasgow. Sound of a generation.

Check out the rest of the album – GRIT.

somafunk

Aye-aye , You probably aren’t aware who Martyn Bennett was or have any knowledge of his music, Google his name and if afterwards you still have have a derogatory opinion then may I suggest you keep it to yourself and stfu.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

scuttler » LOL at Scotroutes
    But what’s he ever done on grit?

Finally, someone gets it
    I only got it because exactly the same joke was on UKclimbing 😉

davosaurusrex

I too have done the fence flip trick AND both myself and the bike landed on the other side of the fence. The bike had the forks bent back to the downtube and the headtube was split amongst other things. I was covered in blood and bruised my bollocks but I’m still claiming it as MacAskill-esque superskills.

stoney
    Free Member

^^ 😀

chickenman

I knew someone would eventually find a use for those Santacruz Ol’ Skool headangle and top tube lengths! 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

imnotverygood

OMG! I’ve got the very same shoes he has!
    I’m gonna try that fence flip tomorrow.

leth
    Free Member

Haha good luck. Please post the video

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Excellent music, excellent riding, excellent filming and unbelievable location!!

Glen Brittle, Skye this summer 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nVDyEt]Skye[/url] by clarkpm4242, on Flickr

scuttler

@clarkpm4242

And there was you thinking you can’t top a blue Skye summer day.

Nice pics BTW. I’ll bet you were well pleased with your trip!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve watched it three times now. I am still afraid he’s going to fall !

Stunning film and a wonderful advert for Scotland.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

@scuttler

And there was you thinking you can’t top a blue Skye summer day.

You are so right! An amazing day made even better 🙂

Nice pics BTW. I’ll bet you were well pleased with your trip!

Thank you. Yes, unforgettable trip, the best 🙂

Cheers
    Paul

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Loved the soundtrack so much I downloaded it then Googled ‘Martyn Bennett’, very sad.
    How do you ‘grab’ a still from the video, or is it witchcraft?

jekkyl

the shorts are nice. €90 so about £71.
    http://www.pocsports.com/en/17/wheels-bike_wear

scuttler

@essel

Google screen grab/screen capture for your chosen computer-thing. It’ll typically drop the image of the screen into the clipboard from which you can paste it into the image editor of your choice and crop it.

On windows it’d typically be the PrintScreen button towards the top right of the keyboard, followed by opening MS Paint and doing edit > paste. However you need to do this in the woods at night wearing a pointy hat.

AlexSimon

jambalaya – Member

I’ve watched it three times now. I am still afraid he’s going to fall !
    I’m afraid I’m going to fall!

scotroutes

Anyone else disappointed he didn’t drop off Sgurr Alasdair via the Great Stone Chute 😆 😆

wwaswas

[edit] already been done.

njee20
    Free Member

Stunning.

Nipper99
    Free Member

All a bit pointless imo. Black Cuillin is great place – don’t see what dragging a bike along it adds.

donald
    Free Member

I met Martyn Bennet twice.

The first time I was driving through Glencoe with a friend. Some loon was was standing in his underpants on a bridge parapet on the A82 waiting to tombstone into the Glencoe Burn (as you do). “Stop”, yelled my friend. “That’s Martin”. She’d met him earlier that year in Shenaval bothy where he’d been living for a week on Salmon and pot. Had a beer in the Clachaig with him.

The second time was in the Sligachan Inn. Walked in and he was in a quiet corner playing a tin whistle after a day on the Cuillin. Had a beer with him.

He would have liked that video.

kayak23

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veWndVMa8oM[/video]

Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Danny MacAskill rides The Cuillin Ridge’ is closed to new replies.