Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • Danny MacAskill rides The Cuillin Ridge
  • richmtb

Amazing, simply stunning.

There is a documentary about the film on BBC1 at 7:30 next Friday (Oct 10)

Sandwich

Simply superb. On my tick list of places to visit once the last child has finished university. (I shall not be riding any of that).

llama

the fence was a good trick

the scenery was nice

someone stole his boat, he’s probably still sitting there

was that him on the top of that spiky bit there or a double? You don’t actually see his face.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the penalty for error was pretty severe i would be scared to walk most of that never mind ride

BoardinBob

Proper good. Despite gasping in awe at Rampage the other night, that video is way more impressive for me. I work with a woman whose kids love Danny and it’s awesome to think he’s inspiring a new generation with stuff that like.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Meh, I’d like to see him handle the breaking bumps and Hora’s pebbles of death @ Cannock…

jekkyl

Great stuff. How does he manage to sit in the saddle with baws that big?

rusty90
    Free Member

A teeny weeny bit of exposure in places there 😯

gavstorie
    Free Member

im surprised that it hasnt made the news section on STW yet…. I guess the establishment are still Anti-Macaskill

fathomer

Goose bumps here as well, proper good that. Absolutely stunning scenery.

Only watched on my iPhone 4s so will have a proper watch on the telly later, should make it even better.

convert

Our van was parked up about 5 yards from the fence he flipped at the end (Glenbrittle) this summer. Sadly I didn’t have my mountain bike with me or I’m sure I’m have had a crack at that 😉

Amazing film, stunning place. I’d just about got myself settled back at work (down south) after the hols. Watching that has got me all restless again!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

😯

Sweet baby jeebus, terrifying. What a dude.

norbert-colon

Bloomin’ ‘eck 😯

scuttler

There is a documentary about the film on BBC1 at 7:30 next Friday (Oct 10)

It appears to be in Scotland only – http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/c6f7bm/danny-macaskill—riding-the-ridge

“Behind the scenes with stunt cyclist Danny MacAskill as he creates a new internet film on and around one of the most dramatic mountain ranges in Scotland, the Black Cuillin in Skye. Danny and his crew spend 10 days on the shoot, enduring long treks and tricky terrain, all to capture Danny performing in this most thrilling and challenging environment.”

So Amen for the iplayer!

EDIT – if you can’t view the vid at work save it for home. Definitely one for HD rather than a poxy phone screen.

noltae
    Free Member

Need to go wild camping up there – went six years ago and was to this day one of my best ever adventures – that front flip over the fence was gnarly !

tang
    Free Member

brilliant. my nerves were a little frayed in parts!

bigG
    Free Member

‘kin hell. Having walked / climbed some of those there’s not a cat in hell’s chance I’d do it carrying a bike let alone riding a bike down.

Chapeau Danny.

bedmaker

It was going so well till he skidded on a footpath in such a fragile environment. Unforgiveable.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

was that him on the top of that spiky bit there or a double? You don’t actually see his face.

I’ve stood on it and I’m no hero, admittedly without a bike, it’s all fairly straightforward for someone with a reasonable head for heights. He must have had one or two people with him up there tho, to help lower the bike and him off afterwards. I can’t imagine he back climbed with the bike as well. Presumably, they handed the bike up onto the perched rock and he had to sort of stand over it, whilst they back climbed a bit out of shot. his best vid yet.
    PS would be interesting to know.

scuttler

Regarding the boat thief comments he parked at Coruisk and finished at Glenbrittle. Which makes complete sense as his Ma can pick him up and take him home for tea before she “shoots the boots off him”.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s flippin awesome.

Is there a way you can select a frame from that and embed as a screen saver?

Funnily enough I grabbed a couple of shots as it was playing

GavinB

I was expecting one of those trademark nose-spins off the Inn Pinn or Am Basteir

Is disappointed.

Amazing vid though, and having scrambled and climbed over all of that area, agree with earlier comments about not even beginning to contemplate riding a bike up there.

Kudos to the Cut Media guys for putting that together, some great shots.

bikebouy
    Free Member

BM’d for laters on like.

Looks to me you’re all in for a big fat DM hugathon now 😆

ransos
    Free Member

How did he get it so quiet? The Pinn is as busy as hell on a fairly unblowy day like that.

I went up there on a beautiful day in June a few years back, and we had the place to ourselves. I thought the ridge was terrifying enough on foot!

dragon
    Free Member

Quality vid, a top return after some recent duff-uns.

barney
    Free Member

Im surprised that it hasnt made the news section on STW yet…. I guess the establishment are still Anti-Macaskill

Nah – everything’s judged according to its individual merits 🙂

And I’m the only one in the editorial office today, so I’ve got *quite* a lot to do… *sniff*

kcal

I’ve walked / scrambled most of that (as above) and bloody hell Charlie; no way would I think of lugging / riding a bike. No sirree. Such adeptness and fluidity.

martinhutch

No out-take reel? 🙂

Ridiculous exposure.

z1ppy

Wow, I really enjoyed that, Danny showing he up for some “proper riding” 😳 4.13 (Dezb’s 1st screen shot) just has me shaking, let alone where he walking up to it and releasing the ground to steady the bike, and the final fence jump is brilliantly unexpected.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m not surprised his boat floated off, he forgot to tie it up.

Anyhow, stunning, definitely back to form – and the fence flip at the end…

Bunnyhop

So enjoyable.
    I must have held my breath through the whole film.

Maybe I’m odd but the bike colours are fine to me. 5.10s the all round climbing and cycling shoe 🙂

joelowden

Immense in every way.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

absolutely incredible riding, jesus, hes absolutely immense, that bit flipping over the wire fencing is just insane, how on earth did he just one day think, “you know what I can do a full 360 in the air by running into a wire fence at speed”

just bonkers, great video, now looks like hes got SC on board too, very nice bike indeed 8)

kcal

“you know what I can do a full 360 in the air by running into a wire fence at speed”

I have a confession, early days of night rides my lights (1st gen. Cat Eyes with LA battery) died early on, so I tootled back down farm track (by Dreghorn) in near dark, forgot (until last minute) the 5 bar gate across said track. Just had enough time to grab some brake and next thing I knew, was on other side of gate, a bit stunned, half crouched, must have somersaulted and landed upright ish. no bike…. next thing, bike lands on top of me… walker getting into car in car park looked a bit bemused as I rode off, muttering “oooyah, oooyah”..

sunnrider
    Free Member

Beautiful video, that exposure made me feel like hiding under a blanket.
    Nice one Danny, more!

bencooper
    Free Member

must have somersaulted and landed upright ish. no bike…. next thing, bike lands on top of me…

😀

A bit like that, I was riding a recumbent down one of the trails at Mugdock, and missed a narrow bridge over a stream – one minute I was riding a bike, next minute I was running down the trail sans bike…

seosamh77
    Free Member

return to form for DM there, amazing. I was getting bored with the same tricks. Has taken a step way up with this one! 🙂

honourablegeorge

Red Hair Rampage.

Blinding video. Would be ace to see him at the actual Rampage – longest slowest run ever, with the most tricks.

Northwind

honourablegeorge – Member

Would be ace to see him at the actual Rampage – longest slowest run ever, with the most tricks.

That’d be brilliant. Day 3 of Danny Macaskill’s rampage run. He’s just ridden to within a foot of the end, done a tyretap off Kyle Strait’s vast baseball cap, then bunnyhopped back up to the top.

scotroutes

But what’s he ever done on grit?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Danny MacAskill rides The Cuillin Ridge’ is closed to new replies.