Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • Danny MacAskill rides The Cuillin Ridge
  • honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member

That’d be brilliant. Day 3 of Danny Macaskill’s rampage run. He’s just ridden to within a foot of the end, done a tyretap off Kyle Strait’s vast baseball cap, then bunnyhopped back up to the top.

Jokes aside – he’s got ridiculous handling skills, he’s got all the front flips and 360s in the world, and I doubt he’s anything other than massively strong. I wonder how he’d do?

He’s probably not spent got years of experience doing 20 foot gaps, then 30, then 40, I suppose – can only assume that you learn to hit a 75 foot gap by mastering a 60 foot one then going a bit faster.

cb

I’ve seen a sheep do that fence trick by head butting the fence and flipping over. It wasn’t riding a Santa Cruz though.

honourablegeorge

The fence trick makes sense to me. In a way I’d imagine it’d make the front flip easier.

There’s no way me and bike would finish up on the same side of the fence if I tried it though

phinbob

It wouldn’t just be my 5.10’s that would be wet.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Loved it..
    Loved walking up there earlier this year.
    Wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much in piss set 5:10s mind..

And as for the fence flip™?
    Fantastic!

qwerty
    Free Member

That fence flip 😯

Great film.

toby1

That was flippin’ – pun intended – AMAZING.

Sweaty hands watching the ridge ride and the climb to the top.

I can’t ride for toffee 🙁

maxtorque

For some reason i really like the bit near the end with the tracking camera zoomed in on the side of the bike and Dannys legs, as the sun catches the long grass he cycles through. That moment of calm makes the sudden fence flip even more dramatic! Beautiful editting imo 😉

ampthill

I have actually lead the Inpin on that side!! (on a school trip and not many runners) but even so….

A great vid

His 5.10s dried suspicious fast

stoney
    Free Member

The Fence flip 😯 i think that`s better than the Ball flip from Imaginate!!!!!

Outstanding skills/ vid

Northwind

[url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Maker[/url]

MoreCashThanDash

Finally able to watch this at home. Absolutely amazing! Setting up the TV so the kids can watch it in a minute

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Pure Genious…breathtaking. Forget the rest, DM’s the Best

eckinspain
    Free Member

I’ve thought the last couple of DM films I’ve seen have been a bit pish to be honest (Epecuen and the Bunnies).

This, however is utterly fantastic. Really truly fantastic. The tracking shot that shows Danny reflected in the pool and then the mountains too….waaaahh!

I’m going to watch it every day I think.

somafunk

Fantastic riding skills yet again by Danny, and kudos to Stu for the camera work,scene set-up. Nice to hear the late/great Martyn Bennett on the soundtrack as well – A stunning Trifecta of talent from all.

maxtorque

Ok, i feel a tiny, infinitesimally bit better about my riding skills having found out it took Danny two attempts to do the fenceflip:

^^^^That’s more my style 😉

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’d like to see some of the out takes…

justatheory
    Free Member

Amazing riding! I’ve been around a bit and Skye is still up there as one of the most beautiful parts of this planet.

JohnnyPanic

When it’s not raining. Or midgey.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I was surprised afterwards that they didn’t do something on the Cioch, as it’s fairly welknown what with the Highlander film connection, stunning setting and that.

Maybe they’ll use it next time, they could probably make a fair few more stunning films there and not cover the same ground.

mikey74
    Free Member

Just watched it. Brilliant!! Far better than that dull toys one he did before.

athgray
    Free Member

Great video. He should take up climbing. Carrying a bike up the Inn Pin with poise.

MoreCashThanDash

maxtorque – not sure if I feel better now or if you’ve just ruined my night!

dannyh
    Free Member

Utterly bewildering. I’m just left asking myself ‘how?’ over and over again.

His core strength must be unbelievable, which is probably an advantage in another way as I know I’d lose control of my bowels even walking most of that.

Sometimes you just have to stop asking ‘how’, ‘why’ etc and just marvel at another person’s ability.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Might be some out takes on here (I’m at work and can’t view the clips)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04kntlk

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well I’ve just watched that and it’s quite,

The
    Sum
    Of
    Awe

Good lad.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My 7 year old had 3 comments to make:-

1) He’s the only person better at riding a bike than Jonny (his mate’s dad and runs the local kids MTB club).

2) I’m going to practice stunts EVERY DAY after school and swimming lessons.

3) If a girl saw him doing that she would want him to be her boyfriend 🙂

rob2
    Free Member

Just watched it with my 5 year old when putting her to bed.

She said “he has a lot of skill. Is that why he has skill in his name?”

Interesting thought!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Having watched it 4 times now I’m still waiting on gravity winning at some point. But I’ve heard he sleeps standing up his balance is that good.

scotroutes

😆

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

cuckoo
    Free Member

incredible

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hmmm, at the risk of a attracting huge amounts of opprobrium, I have to say I was a little disappointed, only a little though. I think that might largely be due to reading the rave comments and seeing the Inn Pinn stills before seeing the film.

I was hoping for him to do something awesome on the Inn Pinn, but all he did was carry his bike to the top and pose with it on the top , apart from getting an absolutely gobsmackingly amazing photo from it, there wasn’t really much point and that bit wasn’t particularly impressive.

Liked the rest of it though, especially the fence. And cycling along Collie’s Ledge was outstanding.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

My word, what a vid, what a rider!!!

aye-aye
    Free Member

An amazing and stunningly extreme human experience juxtaposed with the blandest most contrived music ever.
    Is that ying and yang?

kcal

Martyn Bennett may not be to everyone’s taste – but I’d not call it bland / contrived. However.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Return to form after the Playboy horror show. I loved it.

chipster

Is the lad wired up right?
    😯

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

My 3 year old daughter said ” Daddy I can do that one day, when I’m bigger and when I have pedals.” She has been asking for pedals for her balance bike for about 6 months. She’s a demon on the balance bike and flies downhill with her feet up.

She loves watching Danny MacAskill films, apart from the Playboy one obviously.

The guy is a legend.

stoney
    Free Member

aye aye… TBH, i quite liked the soundtrak….. but i do like Enya as well.

I think it is fitting to the landscape!

EDIT!, thegeneralist….. If you were up there filming and even though there was no way of riding off, you`d still do it for the film!!! 8)

But you`d have to have a good head for heights, unlike me!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Danny MacAskill rides The Cuillin Ridge’ is closed to new replies.