Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Danny Hart
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Gotta say This Guys riding style is amazing! 😮
    What you all think?

scuttler

With balls that big I don’t know how he sits down…

rondo101
    Free Member

I still enjoy watching his run at Champery & always crack a smile at the whip.

Incredible skills on steep, technical stuff & in the wet, not sure about more pedally courses (what woulld’ve happened if he hadn’t crashed in SA?).

Watch “Hart & Soul” if you haven’t already. Part 2 was out the other day.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hes a good rider, he’s probably an ok chap although Ive heard people say he’s a bit of a nob.

I prefer watching Adam Braytons track walks though.

carbon337
    Free Member

I was talking to him at a road race( yep road race) at croft in January – he just seemed like a daft young lad with no cares in the world. He wheelied his giant road bike down the start line.

I really dont think that he thought about the consequences of that race or that whip – he probably wanted to win but didnt care if he didnt win – removal of the pressure can bring about amazing freedom and consequences

GW
    Free Member

what would’ve happened if he hadn’t crashed in SA?

10 secs off the bottom podium spot with a crash! it wasn’t a huge crash and may only have taken 5s to recover from but difficult to say what effect it had on his momentum through the following section 😕 I reckon he’d have been on for a top 15(ish) placing (maybe higher).

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I once beat him in a DH race at Hamsterley. Granted he was about 4 and I was in my early 20s but I still beat him.

Coyote
    Free Member

It still counts DaveyBoy!

flipiddy
    Free Member

Dave, can I have your autograph please? 😉

Looking forward to seeing what Hart can do this season. That run at Champery is stuff of legends, that’s fo sho…

retro83
    Free Member

rondo101 – Member

I still enjoy watching his run at Champery & always crack a smile at the whip.

Incredible skills on steep, technical stuff & in the wet, not sure about more pedally courses (what woulld’ve happened if he hadn’t crashed in SA?).

Watch “Hart & Soul” if you haven’t already. Part 2 was out the other day.

Same here, STAY ON YOUR BIKE DANNY 😆

billysugger
    Free Member

He needs to buy a cat to lick the hair off his face but other than that he’s the nuts

flange
    Free Member

he’s probably an ok chap although Ive heard people say he’s a bit of a nob.

I did a days riding with him on a skills day thing and I can confirm he is anything but a nob. Proper sound lad

ir_bandito
    Free Member

He’s my son’s hero.

flange
    Free Member

A pic from the day – keeping in mind its Sherwood Pines and he’s on a DH bike…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

No way, I beat a future world champ. I’m waaay above autographs for you commoners 😉

tomlevell

Hes a good rider, he’s probably an ok chap although Ive heard people say he’s a bit of a nob.

He isn’t.

And only just a “good” rider?

jeb

Daveyboywonder

“I once beat him in a DH race at Hamsterley. Granted he was about 4 and I was in my early 20s but I still beat him.”

Hahaha, that comment made my day! 😀

tracknicko
    Free Member

rode mx with him in dec.

he’s pretty damn good at that too depressingly, though the silly sod forgot his pads and was scrounging round the pits for some for a while!

jambalaya
    Free Member

World Champion at 19 !

Let’s not forget he’s 19 and now has camera stuck in his face constantly. I’d say he’s pretty damn composed considering. The Hart and Soul pieces were great, as a parent myself I can imagine how proud they must be of “their lad” and rightly so.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I think he’s way over biked for sherwood 🙂

HermanShake
    Free Member

Looks like his Dad’s been pretty pushy, when he goes to hug him after the win (Hart & Soul pt 2) Danny winces and turns his body away.

It’s obviously paid off, but how pushy is ok? He talks about it being hard in part 1.

Babymullet he had was off the hook, however the current facial hair is a bit cringe.

I love the clip in the documentary when he lands and drifts right out “bloody ‘ell Danny!”

It’ll be interesting to see how he matures with this in his career.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m sure he’s probably nice enough, but his old man is a weapons grade bellend.

tracknicko
    Free Member

can’t fault a pushy dad that pushes his son into being world champ…

not how i’d wanna be brought up, but he rides mtb for a living, and i’m sat looking at a computer 10 hours a day…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Nothing to with being a pushy parent (although I don’t agree with that either).

Everything to do with the disgusting language & abuse aimed towards a female marshal at the British Downhill Series race at Llangollen when he was too busy shouting at his son to pedal whilst being inside the tape on probably the fastest & most dangerous part of the track with other riders still coming down.

tracknicko
    Free Member

the great thing is that you haven’t let it affect you.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

He certainly rides better than he interviews.

skywalker
    Free Member

Looks like a pikey, bloody good rider though.

tacopowell
    Free Member

He needs to buy a cat to lick the hair off his face but other than that he’s the nuts

Same thought!
    Maybe his old man has put all his time and effort into Danny becoming a world champion and forgot to show him the art of shaving!

tacopowell
    Free Member

I love his style of throwing himself into it and not giving a shit, looks like he has no fear!

GW
    Free Member

no one becomes a DH world champ by “not giving a shit” 🙄

did you miss all the years of Peaty in tears by the finish?

cyclelife
    Free Member

My son went through the DH scene at the same time as Danny, so we saw him and his family every other weekend;

Yes, his dad appeared pushy but not in anyway that would have affected Danny mentally (ie Abuse) infact his father instilled into Danny excellent manners and sportsmanship, Danny was always the first to congratulate anyone who beat him. He also had the support of his Mum and sister at most of the races.

Danny worked harder than the other lads (BMX, XC, Road and MX) from a baseline that included loads of natural talent and balls – he deserves everything he attains as he’s put more than most (perhaps anyone) are prepared to into his sport.

He’ll keep winning big – just watch 🙂

llama

You could say pushy or you could say does his best to support his son and help him to do what is necessary to realize his goals

johnsquiresplectrum
    Free Member

I dont think anyone can achieve what he has at that level in sport without being pushed by someone. Whether that be a parent or coach.

Pushing someone you know can be brilliant is different from abusing someone who can’t do any better. Did Danny himself not say he needed to be pushed or he wouldn’t have done it?

Well whatever the situation, he is an incredible rider, seems to love it and comes across like an average guy who has done well for himself. Fair play to him.

Northwind

Only met him briefly, seemed a nice chap but not the sharpest tool (I guess his brain’s entirely dedicated to riding bikes, rather than rational thought) Who knows, perhaps he’s posting on Dannyhartworld right now about how he once met that Northwind off the internet, and he seemed dead clever but a bit of a ****.

kaesae
    Free Member

There’s a difference between talking shite well and being direct, danny does come across as being a bit lacking in having the words to say, but he appears to be more of a doer than a talker.

I tend to judge people on what they can do, that said danny has a certain easy going comedy about him. I also started liking him a bit more when he nearly ran over that cock of a UCI race steward at pietermaritzburg who was blocking the riders from leaving the race.

Just a pity he didn’t actually hit him 😀

johnsquiresplectrum
    Free Member

There’s a difference between talking shite well and being direct, danny does come across as being a bit lacking in having the words to say, but he appears to be more of a doer than a talker.

Couldn’t agree more. I also dont see what intelligence has to do with being a nice decent bloke.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

His Val De Sole run was very impressive too, especially when he slams it into that corner near the bottom and somehow comes out of it smelling of roses.

jedi

i methim at core bike in the bar. it was empty and i saw him sitting with his mate. i walked over and high5ed him on his champery run and let him get on with his pint 🙂 legend run

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

His Val De Sole (smashing that bottom turn) and Fort William (“he’s off the track”) runs were both eye popping.

But Champery was something else entirely. It was riding at another level. That run will be remembered. I’ve not yet got the feeling he’s ready to be World Cup winner. But am sure it will come.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

being a world champ at 19 and walking that fine line between absolute self belief and arrogance is always going to be difficult. Personally I’d like to see more UK single minded self believers, who aren’t there to be liked, winning stuff, if that’s what it takes. that really nice bloke who also ran, at that elite level, gets nothing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Danny Hart’ is closed to new replies.