Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Damaged Fox Float R shaft – can this be fixed DIY??
  • ivandrago
    Free Member

I've recently noticed a loss in pressure in my shox following a decent trek (and a wee fall..). Having looked at the shox closer i noticed that there is a small scratch on the shaft and that when i put pressure on shox (passing the scratch) there is a clear hissing noise which would indicate loss in pressure.

My friend said that i should apply some nail polish to the scratch then clean it using wet/dry paper therefore filling the gap.

Is this a good idea or does anyone have better ideas?? Dont really fancy giving my shox a manicure….

fozzybear
    Free Member

it's a noted way of fixing it… i'll find you the helper in a sec.

fozzybear
    Free Member
    ivandrago
    Free Member

Cheers fozzy – this guys a genius! Always easier said than done tho.. 😯

stevio

you can buy new shaft from about £30 from Mojo (probably along with a *cough* 4.5 year service like i did last week)- they even sent me the old one back so i could see the damage.

Plus similar issue with my Revs – dirt in airtube – £30 part + service .

Total cost Fox Septune £160 – Mojo – and Rev's £130 from TFT (inc phone call from Tim himself to tell me what was wrong and ok the parts needed).

Pricy but worth it as i now have a custom tuned shock thats lots beter than the Fox was new on mt FSR120….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Damaged Fox Float R shaft – can this be fixed DIY??’ is closed to new replies.