Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Dalby World Cup photos
  • MtbCol
    Free Member

Had a nice day in dalby marshalling, got a few photo's from my station, and some from the Pro Sprint Eliminator in Pickering which was great to watch.

(For all you pro photographers, yes I know they're poor, I only carry a point and shoot camera with an annoying shutter delay.)
    Dalby Day 1

MartinGT
    Free Member

Nice one, looking forward to Sunday 🙂

Hmmm no baggy shorts there I see…..

robbo
    Free Member

Not bad at all… thanks for sharing

Diane
    Free Member

Those rocks look really steep but some seemed to be getting air at the top? Was there a good run up?

roughneck
    Free Member

They are steep but you have a good fire road run in. I'm gutted that I'm at work, stuck in the middle of the bay of bengal.

brakes
    Free Member

29ers? are they allowed?

MtbCol
    Free Member

Yeah the faster riders had enough momentum to boost out of the top and get some air. Absolom was flying!
    I noticed a few 29s going round, so they must be allowed.

I'm in the same marshalling position again today, should be fun, especially as it's Dalby Dare race day and the majority of the dare riders got stuck near the top.

Hopefully I'll get some more photos today, the position is a little restricted for variety though.

igm

I get stuck every time I attempt those rocks.

Must learn to ride my bike.

Diane
    Free Member

I'd get stuck! 🙂

MtbCol
    Free Member

I've uploaded a few more pics today, it was nice and sunny for once!

Dalby Dare was as expected, a lot of people were stalling on the slab causing a snarl up but that resolved itself as people got spread out after the first lap.
    We also had a lot of carnage, too many mechanicals to list after catching rocks with rear mechs, but the stand out was the epic inner tube explosion – the tube ended up with a good 12" split.

Massive healing vibes go out to the 2 girls that had bad crashes at Medusa's Drop and our marshal point. Hope you both have a speedy recovery!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

well done col
    Plenty of Emily Batty photos please. She thinks the Dalby course is **** ace, according to her twitter.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Emily Batty?
    Pffff – Katherine O'Shea is where the actions at for me!

They're thinking of rotating me today, so hopefully I'll get a decent photo op place and try my best for you pervs 😆

Diane
    Free Member

MtbCol – where are day 2 photos?

Cabri
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing, not to detract too much from MtbCol's photos, there's also a photo report on http://www.velovert.com/

Some nice bikes and shots, as I don't know the area, gives a good idea of the course if I don't get to see it live.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

SingletrAction go international!!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member

well done col
    Plenty of Emily Batty photos please. She thinks the Dalby course is **** ace, according to her twitter.

one of my mates is an 'anti doping chaperone' and she's been instructed to make sure she is following ms batty around, with a camera 🙂

MtbCol
    Free Member

Diane, they're tagged on to the first set – I was marshalling the same position on day 2 so they're pretty much the same sort of shots.

Today, I got moved and only managed to get some of the Pro womens race – the crowds got a bit too manic for the mens race so didn't get any slow periods to take any photos which I'm a bit disappointed about, as the crowds were needing a lot more attention than usual.

Big props to the dutch womens rider who got a crowd member to help her pop her dislocated shoulder back in! I would probably be on the floor whimpering. 😳

julianwilson
    Free Member

That picture of Absalon getting air off the top of the rocks is ace, especially when you see it next to everyone else pootling over the top. Very rad for someone in white tights and overshoes! Was it Oli Beckingsale also looking like he took off at the top?

dasnut
    Free Member

so much lycra, so much seat tube.

I lol'd

MtbCol
    Free Member

Photos updated with the usable shots of today's Women's race

(And it includes an Emily Batty bum shot! )

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/mtbcol/2010UCIWorldCupRound1Dalby#

Diane
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing 🙂

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

Does anybody know what bikes the GB riders were on? Look like those e-bay Chinese Carbon things

MtbCol
    Free Member

Boardmans?

Chris Boardman was wandering around the course with a few of the Team GB managers earlier in the day.

boxelder

so much lycra, so much seat tube.

I lol'd

Why?

Marmoset
    Free Member

Watched the race on freecaster – those guys were all flying today!

rOcKeTdOg

over shoes and skin suits? about as far from MTBing as i think of it as it's possible to get, nice to see some proper rocks on the course though, they'll have needed extra "enhancement" to cope with that i expect

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

over shoes and skin suits? about as far from MTBing as i think of it as it's possible to get, nice to see some proper rocks on the course though, they'll have needed extra "enhancement" to cope with that i expect

Why? Because mountain biking can only be participated in by fat knackers in baggy shorts and a full face helmet? Have some respect, these guys handling skills would piss on 95% of the bike riding population, sure race courses may not be the most technical due to the need to have a race on them but they'd more than cope with most trails I would have thought.

andydicko
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

Have some respect, these guys handling skills would piss on 95% of the bike riding population

🙂

andydicko
    Free Member

Why? Because mountain biking can only be participated in by fat knackers in baggy shorts and a full face helmet? Have some respect, these guys handling skills would piss on 95% of the bike riding population, sure race courses may not be the most technical due to the need to have a race on them but they'd more than cope with most trails I would have thought.

Can't help but agree, I first got into MTb in the late 80's……. there was non of this full face helmet & baggy clothing sh!te then!!!

Houns

I cannot confirm or deny what those black bikes were 8)

MtbCol
    Free Member

The On One Carbon 456????? 😆

ton

i feel sick, take it away……… 😥

joolzed
    Free Member

Team GB are currently still riding their Boardmans from last year, unbadged while they wait for their new Pinarellos.

tang
    Free Member

mtbcol, did you get a look at the on one carbon 29er?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Great photos Col….how dare they ride on rocks on sub 40lb bikes…without flats ….five-tens…lard-hiding baggies and no armour?Are they mad?

MtbCol
    Free Member

No, I only glimpsed that in passing on the way back to the volunteers tent yesterday.
    I was more interested in trying to blag a carbon Merida frame 😆

myheadsashed

nah it was a carbon merida frame that snapped on medusas whatsit in the mens race. It when with a satisfying crack 🙄

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Dalby World Cup photos’ is closed to new replies.