Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dalby Bike Wrecker
  • daznal
    Free Member

Had a days riding at Dalby in the wet,had to replace gear cables,chain and disk pads after they were all knackered by the grinding paste that they use to construct the trails.Does any body know if dalby is sponsered by shimano/sram?

Won’t be going there again

peterfile
    Free Member

you only really need to go once anyway 😀

R.lepecha

Never knackered any of my cables in Dalby? Your braking and shifting too much. Go singlespeed and you wont brake as much. Problem solved.

andywarner
    Free Member

Dalby is renowned for this locally. I only live a few miles from there but haven’t ridden up there in yonks for that very reason (plus the fact I’d rather be out on the moors). It’s fine in the dry mind.

igm

Lots of singlespeeders round Dalby way – that there Yarkshire crew’s local turf

LMT
    Free Member

Cannock is no different, not the Dog or Monkey but if you go off route, can be a bike killer. In one 2 hour ride can destroy a chain and cassette and brake pads no problem. Last trip out in the rain i wrecked a bottom bracket. Comes with the trails!!

R.lepecha

I must have done something wrong every time I’ve been.

Shandy
    Free Member

Its only a problem in the wet, I hired a Yeti for the day and both sets of pads were completely done by the time I left it back.

R.lepecha

I cant see how its a problem in the wet but not the dry. The majority of the trails are sand. Wet sand goes hard/compact and doesn’t really stick to anything. In the dry it gets thrown up as dust to the pads etc.

Or are my thoughts wrong? well they must be since everyone else has problems in the wet.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I am 100% sure you cannot wreck a cassette in 1 ride

Pook

Ever been to the Peak?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Pook – ride there all the time (i.e 50-60 miles per week)

cassttes last around 6 months or so.

radoggair
    Free Member

wrecking a chain and cassette in 1 ride, i really dont think so.

Think i’ve ridden in every condition possible and never wrecked anything new or even remotely new

rob-jackson
    Free Member

+1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Bike Wrecker’ is closed to new replies.