Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cycling in dundee
  • radoggair
    Free Member

Who lives up there?. I’m working there for next few weeks (at least) and was looking for some biking that neck of woods. I could take the road bike and get lost but would also like to take the mtb where possible

trail_rat
    Free Member

your that old that you must have surely raced at the sidlaws on the scottish xc series ?

organic355
    Free Member

Sidlaws, but if they aren’t frozen solid they will be a quagmire at the moment!! We had several inches of snow over the weekend ad its been thawing all day.

Carron Valley is only 45 mins away if you wanted a trail centre

clubby

Templeton woods may be snow free, but pretty small and can get muddy. Most off road round my way is still pretty iced up.

geoffj

Carron Valley is only 45 mins away if you wanted a trail centre

From Dundee? Perhaps in a helicopter.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

pitmedden or head north upto swanley/fetteresso…..speak to joe at our stoney shop he can help with routes etc..

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Pretty icy at the moment. Had a wee jaunt to Tentsmuir yesterday across the Tay, but spent most of the time on my ass. Loads of fun though!

trail_rat
    Free Member

hahaahahaha good luck with swanley or fetteresso – i live in the woods up there and you have NO CHANCE

venture off the fire roads and your in hub deep snow ! with ice underneeth !

radoggair
    Free Member

and you have NO CHANCE

people underestimate my mountain bike abilities. !! 😛

As far as CV goes, i live just outside Glasgow as it is but i’m more of thinking that if i finish a shift at 3 or 4pm, where can i go locally, or if there is any bikers (road or mtb) who do weekday night rides and dont mind an unfit biker tagging along.

fasthaggis

Tentsmuir forest 2morra night at 6.30 if you fancy it
    Meet at the Tay bridge(Dundee side by the lift) .
    Went round on Sunday and they were fine in the snow ,but it should have shifted a lot by now with the rain.
    2 hour ish run on non techie trails.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cycling in dundee’ is closed to new replies.