Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cycle 2 Work scheme & Evans
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Right, looks like we are getting Cycle 2 Work scheme and we will have to go to Evans.

No need for all the Evans bashing comments, 'cos Evans it who my employer has decided to go with.

What I want to know is has anyone here used Evans for the Cycle 2 Work scheme and got kit in that they don't normally stock? I want to get a Ragley Blue Pig frame and other bits and Evans don't stock them. I've been to 2 stores, one said 'we can get anything in' and the other, well I wasn't greatly impressed as the guy had to ask me how to spell 'pig' (I kid you not!!!!)

Anyway, has anyone succesfully got non stocked items from them or has anybody tried and got nowhere?

ta

Rolls
    Free Member

IME if you go into Evans and don't go demanding stuff, they will bend over backwards to help you if they can!

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Not sure if you can get just a frame, I thought it had to be a complete bike??

gohan
    Free Member

you cant get just a frame, evans employee here, sorry,

bananaworld
    Free Member

Scott's right, it's gotta be a complete bike, not a frame/custom build and even then it has to be something they can get through one of their regular suppliers.

gohan
    Free Member

and no we dont do ragley,

nbt

Ragley is just a brand, hotlines are the distributors, if they can get any hotlines stuff they can get a blue pig. It does have to be a full bike, but you could probably build it for under a grand if you spec shitty forks then fit your own.

Blue pigs *rock*, btw

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

I'll be surprised if you can get a frame only, it's not within rules. (I set the scheme up for our company, without a 3rd party "provider").

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Thanks for answers everyone. Was hoping I could get a frame, forks & groupset and was initially led to believe I could. If that's not the case, what long travel hardtail for a grand with decent forks & finishing kit that is available from Evans?

bananaworld
    Free Member

Genesis Alpitude – beautiful thing.

Actually, sorry, scratch that. It's still a beautiful thing but it's over-budget.

Although, you can top-up your Ride2Work voucher with cash if you want to…

crazy-legs

Was hoping I could get a frame, forks & groupset and was initially led to believe I could.

It's never been in the rules that you could, it's just that certain shops would bend the rules to the limit to allow the purchase of such items but, as with most things, when people start taking the piss, the rules are tightened up and monitored more closely.

nbt

As long as you don't sell the bits that come with the bike, there's nothig to stop you putting your own bits on: as I said, get a bike with basic forks and put your own on it

brant
    Free Member

Cheesyfeet – drop me a mail. I've had a chat with someone.

funkynick

bananaworld… according to the rules you are not supposed to be allowed to top up the value of the voucher, although just as crazy-legs says for buying frame/forks, some shops will allow you to do this.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Brant – YGM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cycle 2 Work scheme & Evans’ is closed to new replies.