Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cutting down a Reverb hose
  • Nonsense
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a Reverb to my bike but I need to take a couple of inches off the hose length. The SRAM videos obviously suggest you spend copious amounts of cash on their hydraulic hose cutter. Will I be alright using a sharp stanley knife or similar? Any advice gladly taken …

matthew_h
    Free Member

Sharp Stanley blade works very well.

qcamel
    Free Member

I have done a few of these now and always used my ‘sharp’ cable cutter. Also worth noting is that I have only needed to bleed the system on one occasion but have fitted 4 posts…

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve found, with the dozen or so that I’ve fitted, that a sharp blade works better than cable cutters giving a neater end and avoiding having the odd strand of the hose fibres left.

I always bleed them after a trim as a matter of course. Why bother not doing it.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Used the stanley knife and the whole process including bleeding was really easy. Have to say the fittings they supply make for a very tidy hose run.

jamescoulson
    Free Member

Any tips for getting the hose right onto the barb after shortening though? Done a couple and always a couple of mm away from butting up tight against the body of the remote…

Nonsense
    Free Member

Bike in a stand, wrap hose in tissue or rag and push/twist at the same time. Goes on easy with bit of patience and brute force.

matthew_h
    Free Member

The yellow Shimano brake hose clamping blocks work really well. Clamp the hose with those then tap the barb in using a soft face mallet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cutting down a Reverb hose’ is closed to new replies.