• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anc.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Current riding conditions? Lakes/Dales/Gisburn
  • grumm
    Free Member

Just wondering what it is like out there at the mo – I’ve not been able to get out for a bit. Don’t mind a little snow and ice but if it’s just ice everywhere then it’s not too much fun imo.

And are all the roads clear?

Ta

squiff
    Free Member

Do the Bingley bash, it’s covered in snow but ALL the route is ridable. I would say Gisburn is a no go unless you have a 4×4 to get there.

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks for that – possibly a wee bit more driving than I was wanting (from Lancaster) but I will bear it in mind.

No 4×4 or winter tyres. 🙁

Wozza
    Free Member

We made it from Manchester to Troutbeck on Sunday, over Jenkins out of the back of Ambleside round a bit and back over Jenkins to Troutbeck.

Did it in the 3 series with low pros. Based on what I read on here I should be dead in a ditch 😉 Roads were very good, better than Manchester I’d say!

I can fish out the actual route if you like?

MRanger156
    Free Member

Bingley bash is always a good winter option.

BigJohn

We did 3 days around Hawkshead & Coniston at the weekend. Perfect riding although we had to miss out some of the rockier descents once the snow hid the ice.

As we were riding down to Lawson Park from Hakshead on Sunday morning the only tyre tracks we saw were the ones we made on Saturday morning.

Simon

Bingley bash is always a good winter option.

It is if you’re local but I don’t think I’d drive from Lancaster? to do it.

grumm
    Free Member

Nice one folks – wozza I think I know the route you mean, cheers.

anc
    Free Member

Did the B Bash on sunday + all the cheeky bits it was all rideable. Whinlatters also very rideable at the mo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Current riding conditions? Lakes/Dales/Gisburn’ is closed to new replies.