Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cube Stereo Bearing ID
  • iceman8
    Free Member

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know the sizings of the bearings (in particular the upper link bearings) for a Cube Stereo? Are they standard or custom? Don’t really fancy shelling out £100+ for a bearing set…

kevj
    Free Member

I have the ams and the bearings are standard and could be replaced at a fraction on the cost (sorry, I do not have a list of the codes).
    Kaese (sp?) On here supplies them.

One thing to mention, the full cube kit also comes with replacement bolts for each bearing connection. It is very difficult to find these, or so I have found.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey

You should be able to find the codes on the bearings rubber seals, failing that you can simply measure the bearing, inner race daimeter, outer race diameter and thickness.

Are you servicing the frame yourself?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iceman8
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I know the codes are on the seals I’m just lazy/didn’t really want to pop the bearings out to get the dimensions as I don’t have a bearing press/extractor so didn’t want to pop them out then find I have to order new ones from cube.

I was thinking of getting a mate down at the LBS to pop them out, then I can order the bearings myself (keasae, I’ll give you a shout!) then get them pressed back in. On that note can anyone recommend me a good bearing extractor/press?

Kevj – would I need to replace the bolts or can they be re-used? I’m not going for a full overhaul just the linkage bearings.

baznav73
    Free Member

You can use the same bolts as long as they are not worn, they only wear when your bearings seize and they start rotating on the bolt. Be careful with the bearings you buy, cheap ones are usually chinese rubbish and are identified by lack of markings, ie they will only have the bearing number on the rubber seal, brand name bearings are generally better quality and will have skf or fag or whatever brand they are chemicaly etched on the steel race somewhere.
    Some time ago i got a pricelist from a chinese bearing supplier and you could get bearings for around 17 cents each.

beargotsoul

Hey Iceman….. did you find out the bearing numbers? I need to replace mine, was it an easy enough job?

paganman
    Free Member

Hi
    Did anyone manage to find the bearing codes for the Stereo?
    mine need doing and want to order them all in before stripping the suspension down.
    Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo Bearing ID’ is closed to new replies.