Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Crush vs Pitch?
  • Oxboy
    Free Member

Hi all, new member here.
    Im just mulling over a possible bike swap and am interested to hear your views. I currently have an Orange Crush 08 model (6 months old)and am considering px-ing it for a Spesh Pitch Pro. what do you think? I like the idea of full sus as some of the rocky trails bash me about a bit! Also looking at the pitch I’m thinking I could break it? The rear sus linkage doesnt look the most heave duty for a 14 1/2 stone rider?
    Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    Cheers

geoffj

Isn’t the consensus that a single pivot design (Heckler, Orange 5 etc) is more suited to the heavier rider. But TBH I’m not sure you qualify as a heavier rider. Spesh Pitch Pros are supposed to be the bargain of the century – apprently.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Apparently so, they just seem to good to be true if you know what I mean!

jam-bo

who cares if you break it, lifetime warranty on spesh frames….

Oxboy
    Free Member

Sounds good, would you trade a Crush in for one? Cant afford to have both unfortunately.

grumm
    Free Member

I weigh around 16 stone and haven’t broken mine yet in 5 months of clumsily hammering it around the lake district.

jam-bo

hell yeah. might not be the fastest thing uphill but a whole lot more fun…

djglover
    Free Member

just quit your whinging and buy it dude.

flatwarwick
    Free Member

Grumm – Thats good to know. My mate is thinking of getting one and he isn’t what you would call slim!

Oxboy
    Free Member

Crush isnt the fastest thing uphill but she goes like a rocket down ’em!
    I suppose its the old hardtail vs full suss thang!

Oxboy
    Free Member

just quit your whinging and buy it dude.

lol like it! Will ring Leisure Lakes in the am, they are knocking em out at £1,174!

grumm
    Free Member

It would probably be unkind of me to point out that you could have got one last night from dales cycles for 939 quid – but the 20 percent offer is finished now. 😈

nukeproof
    Free Member

Will ring Leisure Lakes in the am, they are knocking em out at £1,174!

So is everywhere, even Evans…they reduced the RRP. Amateur 😉

You’ve missed the 20% off at Dales offer but the Cyclestore still has them at 15% off! Clicky here

Oxboy
    Free Member

Thanks guys, Fantastic deals, I will mention them when I’m negotiating a trade in price for the Crush. we will see what happens.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Crush vs Pitch?’ is closed to new replies.