Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crud-guard love
  • codebauer
    Free Member

Oh, I remember my original crud-guard, with the aluminium poles and the rubber connectors…ahhh

Is there anything similar available these days? I can't even find any pics on't net

snaps
    Free Member

I've got a few of these original Wolfguards going cheap

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

New front Crudguard – better.
    New rear Crudguard – complete pants. The old one was much better.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

New rear Crudguard – complete pants. The old one was much better.

totally agree – I bought several cheap, but as advertised, they don't break 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

I know a shop that still has the old rear guards in stock (with poles)

Waderider
    Free Member

What shop Frankers? I've a 1991 Clockwork crying out for one of them.

*Edit – having checked on Retrobike, I reckon they'd sell out over there in minutes with the right publicity.*

Waderider
    Free Member

FRANKERS!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Lol at snaps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Frankers, please name and fame….

speaker2animals

I have to say that for my money the original rear guard was the best by far. I'm sure it would still work on quite a few full suss designs as it sits close to the tyre and could be made to follow the wheel.

I modified the 2 I had. I like to be able to remove a rear guard in good weather for aesthetics (oh how we laughed!). I used to cut out the cross piece that had the fitting to the seatstay bridge. I then melted a hole in the two side "struts" that were left, and then simply zip tied to the seat stays.

I'd buy one.

My Crud Guard fetched me off on the road last week though. Some how it got in the way of the fork preventing me turning sharp right off the road on to a track. Hit the tarmac like a bag of spuds dropped from an airship! Oooh it hurt for a while.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Crud-guard love’ is closed to new replies.