Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crossmax and racing ralph – a match made in hell?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Just tried to fit my RR evo kevlar tyres on my crossmax sl wheels and i just cant get the buggers on the wheel – has anyone has a similar problem fitting tyres to these wheels and if so any hints or tips?

…….its doin' ma tits in!!!! 😈

Nezbo
    Free Member

i have the same tyre/wheel combo and never have any problems 🙂

But you can try and put the tyre in the muddle/center chanel of the rim then that will give you more slack at the opposit side… hope this makes sence?

jonjones13
    Free Member

also make sure you fit the side nearest the valve last, this means that the tyre on the opposite side has got the channel in the middle of the rim to go into

TheSwede
    Free Member

Similar. DT5.1 rims and bonty rubber. Impossible.

bol

I've had nightmares with Nobby Nics and Traversees. Same tyres, different wheels, and visa versa – no problem

epo-aholic
    Free Member

…………still no luck guys 😥

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My Spesh Sauserwinds (2Bliss so can be used tubeless) have firm sidewalls and are hideous to get off.

Nothing more humiliating than being defeated by a simple tyre! I just use more tyre levers if it's tough to get off. Up to five sometimes!

tracknicko
    Free Member

washing up liquid.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

I had the same nightmare with my conti trainer tyre on my roadie wheel & somebody said (wait for it) put it on a radiator to soften the rubber. I thought they were winding me up….. I tried it. Job Done!!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

whaddya know……..the fairy liquid did the trick (eventually!)

cheers for the help guys 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Crossmax and racing ralph – a match made in hell?’ is closed to new replies.