Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crosser or 29er for commute?
  • MaryHinge
    Free Member

I'm looking at getting a Cyclo Cross or 29er for a 22 mile each way commute along back lanes, towpaths and potholed farm tracks and bridleways.

Currently considering a Langdale (local roadie shop) Cumbrian, Ridley Crossbow, Genesis Vapour.

But then the On One Scandal 29er with carbon fork has tempted me. I'm 6'4" so 29er size 🙂

Needs to have rack and guard mounts. Prefer carbon fork coz me elbows are shagged and it should take the edge off a bit.

Do I go for the crosser and keep it totally for the commute (and poss the odd 'cross race in winter(but nowt serious)), or go for the Scandal and have some consistency in the spare parts bin?

Any one got any experience of any crossers?

Preferably want to keep it within the Cyclescheme grand, bit less so I can kit it up with rack and panniers would be good, but could go a gnats higher if I can bleed a cash deal outta the shop.

h4muf
    Free Member

Hi mary.

Just bought a brian winter cx bike last month.

Absolutely love it!
    It loves singletrack as much as it loves the commute.

Go for it!

thumbie
    Free Member

The Ridley is a cracker IMHO.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Can't find Brian Winter on t'net.

Is it just a local thang, like Langdales?

Are crossers much of a muchness?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

And yes, the Ridley has caught my eye.

dmiller
    Free Member

I have a tri-cross for commuting. I love it! Its also very good and great fun off road. That crois de fer (spelling?) Looks superb as well, i have worn my rims (on my wheels, behave!) Almost to death in 6 months of winter commuting. I would 100% suggest mechanical disks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crosser or 29er for commute?’ is closed to new replies.