Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cross country jaunt
  • coylumbridge
    Free Member

Have always preferred open spaces to technical trails and am looking at some options.

Has anyone cycled from Kinlochleven (near Glencoe/Ballachulish) north east to Loch Ossian YH and Corrour and return ? Looks like there's a track but not sure how rideable it is ?

Thanks

marty
    Free Member

path from Luibeilt to Creaguaineach Lodge is a bit indistinct in places and there's quite a lot of off/on/off action due to bogs and burn crossings. Rode it as KLL>Luibeilt>Creaguaineach>Gleann Iolairean>Blackwater>KLL which is a good day out in the hills.

Have only ridden Ossian>Trieg path once (and it was a long time ago), but IIRC the treig end is pretty rough and steep, better going after it crosses the railway. suffered a ennormous bonk on that ride, so memory a bit hazy…

coylumbridge
    Free Member

many thanks Marty – very useful as I'd wondered about certain sections – might have another think

Waderider
    Free Member

From KLL to Luibeilt is good LR track. From Luibeilt to Creaguaineach is 90% portage on the Staoineag side of the Uisghe Labhair, the route I always take. From Creaguaineach to the YH is 100% rideable the old LR track has been renovated. No technical fun here – either portage or Landrover track.

Options to make a loop are limited – I presume you intend returning by the same route. If you go from Loch Treig towards Chairain you pick up a technical track at the dam, but the portage is crap.

Disclaimer – this was typed without reference to a map so I apologise for misspellings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cross country jaunt’ is closed to new replies.