Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)
  • Crg moto, Gloworm lights( still trading ?)
  • stevemorg2

I’ve dealt with Danny recently – responses weren’t quick but he did get back to me – I think I have a mobile number for him – if I have I’ll text him to make sure he sees this thread

sheepshifter
    Free Member

Fundamentals of dealing with customers surely as to be keep them in the loop even if its not what they want to hear. Information is king and most important for any business selling perticuly when distance selling. Terrible shame the product is very good. For me I had a warranty switch change got done albeit a challenge to communicate.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I’m in market for new lights..
    Was considering these but after reading this thread I’ll go elsewhere… Good after sales service is vital ime.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Sounds like the gloworms were a bit of a sideline for mates that got out of control and he doesn’t have time for,according to customer services…

gnash,gnash:

hammyuk – Member
    I think your username says it all…
    Email, phone, and facebook ALL work with Danny.
    If you’d bothered to read the other thread you would know he works from home, shares childcare, school runs, etc AS WELL as running several businesses.
    It’s only monday now and theres was a weekend where he quite rightly would’ve been with his family not running around because someone on a forum wasn’t happy…….

POSTED 2 WEEKS AGO # REPORT-POST

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/glowworm-lights

neninja
    Free Member

Hi guys

The stock did arrive last Friday as stated on the website. All outstanding orders have been shipped on Friday and today so if you have not already received your light you will tomorrow with APC Overnight.

A number of warranties couldn’t be resolved until stock arrived. These will be dealt with tomorrow.

dtp555
    Free Member

Excellent thanks for the update

jedi

love my glowworms . so does my daughter who nicks them off me when she comes out nightriding

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have a mate who has a loudspeaker business and he is very poor at answering communications through social media.

For a small busy company the time taken up answering queries on social media is very disruptive.

If Danny is still reading he should post statuses much more often on his webpage, which would be a minimal way of keeping people much more happy.

jam-bo

a classifieds seller behaving in the same way would have been pitchforked and flamed a long time ago…

I really rate the performance and packaging of my X2’s but I’ll probably be looking elsewhere when the time comes to replace them.

GrahamS

Massive fan of the Gloworm X2. Great light.

Have to say that Danny was very helpful and responsive when I bought them last year and several other people raved about his prompt service at the time. (STW discount was nice too!)

I suspect he has become a victim of his own success.

murf
    Free Member

Hate to be a fanboi but there have been a couple of times that I’ve had to contact Danny and his replies and subsequent action have been beyond rapid. I lost the charger extension cable and had a new one on my doorstep within 20 hours of emailing, foc!

neninja
    Free Member

Thanks for the positive reports, apologies for the less so ones lol.

I’ll still be selling Gloworm in the New Year but distribution will be switching to a large company. I simply was struggling to keep on top of everything myself. Warranty will be handled by them from 1st January, phew!

I have plenty of stock now at last and the STW discount is still in place.

GrahamS

Good man Danny, thanks for the update.

Jamie
    Free Member

variflex
    Free Member

Thanks for the update Danny,
    Which of the distributors got their mitts on gloworm in the end then?
    Glad you are still selling them though! Well done.
    JC

jedi

who will distribute?

neninja
    Free Member

I think an announcement will be made in due course as to who is taking over. I don’t want to jump the gun lol.

Burchy1
    Free Member

My nice new shiny x1 arrived today, looks like a lovely bit of kit and bright too (a lot brighter than the ayup it’s replacing).

Just on charge for tomorrow night’s ride 🙂

skyraider59
    Free Member

My X2 was delivered today and managed to make contact via e-mail, thanks Danny

gravity-slave
    Free Member

distribution will be switching to a large company

And the winner is…

Ison:
    https://www.facebook.com/IsonDistribution/posts/782943811741975

Page not populated yet but the brand is on their site
    http://www.ison-distribution.com/english/searchresults.php?brand=GLOW

andysredmini
    Free Member

Hi Danny

I didn’t want to have to contact you via this forum again but I have had no reply to the multiple emails email’s I have sent or via the phone.

Any chance of letting me know what’s happening with the battery I sent you on the 7th of November.

Regards

Andy

Andysredmini at Hotmail dot com

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive given up with danny now, he was great, an absolute graet guy to deal with over a year ago, I had numnerous issues with my lights which he sorted

ive got a x1 that’s a year old and does not work, ive tried and tried to contact but had no reply, I sent a battery back in decemeber and had no response and at the mo have no use of the light at all

so I went and bought exposure, lesson learnt!

if anyone wants to buy a cheap x1 helmet light, Im pretty sure its the switch itself gone, as the battery still worked on my other light, you may have to try fix it yourself but willing to sell very cheap!

andysredmini
    Free Member

I put off and putt off trying to make contact via the forum as it doesn’t help with promoting a good company image that you are completely unobtainable via phone and email.
    I don’t do twitter and face book and don’t believe I should have to to get a reply.
    I was initially amazed by the outstanding customer service I received. My first light came with a faulty switch. I called and next day had a replacement through the post.
    I understand certain things have gone on but I believe 2 months Is long enough to wait patiently. I haven’t wanted to get arsey and have never demanded anything but I’m getting fed up now of setting off on night rides leaving my headlight behind. Now the (slightly) lighter nights are on the way it won’t be long before they are put away for the summer.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I don’t think hes actually a distributing them anymore, so Id guess that’s why hes not really interested in sorting out the issues, guess he took on to much, or had to much warranty work with them

they are good lights, the quality/build of them leaves a lot to be desired mind

andysredmini
    Free Member

I still think the lights are brilliant. Originally they seemed to me top quality but mid-priced. Even after having a couple of problems I still really rate the light I think I just had one from a faulty batch with the faulty switch and full unlucky with the battery.
    When originally purchasing I wasn’t prepared to burn by house down and kill my family by buying Chinese tat but couldn’t justify the output vs cost of exposure against other models.
    Enter the gloworm falling toward the top end of the middle ground.
    I still use a 6 year old exposure enduro which has been excellent and I’m half wishing I had bought one of their newer offerings.

jam-bo

Oscillate – I might be interested in your X1. Email in profile.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

From above

I simply was struggling to keep on top of everything myself. Warranty will be handled by them from 1st January, phew!

If I were you I’d give Ison a call and see what they suggest. Good luck!

http://www.ison-distribution.com/english/contact.php

andysredmini
    Free Member

Do you think they will be interested?
    I had thought of trying them but seeing how CRG have my existing battery I didn’t think they would want to know.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

jambo email sent bud

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Worth a call to them or Gloworm direct just to explain and see what they can suggest if you are not getting a response from CRG, at least they might have a contact him for you or a way to help you and help the brand they are promoting.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Ill give Ison a call as soon as possible and report back.
    Hopefully CRG will read this thread and send me mine back though.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Update:
    I rang Ison who were helpful but understandably at this stage cant do anything.
    They asked me to contact Gloworm direct and ask them to give authorisation to Ison to supply me with a new battery. I sent an email on Friday to gloworm who haven’t replied yet but it has only been a few days including a weekend.

I have sent another email to Danny at CRG and tried to ring but the phone goes to answer machine and emails are not replied to.

I just wonder how CRG are getting on selling/supporting the other products on their web site of if they have given up on those too.

If I’m honest I’m really annoyed now. I was patient for 2 months but I cant see this being resolved quickly.

bigjim

bought another gloworm last week from crgmoto and received today no probs

andysredmini
    Free Member

So they are still taking orders?

mtbjack96
    Free Member

My light head arrived scratched and damaged about one and a half months ago so I emailed Danny at CRG Moto and he said “No problem i’ll send you a replacement light head tomorrow” unfortunately a month and half later I’ve still not received it? I’ve emailed Danny numerous times and got no reply and so instead have been forced to post on this forum. From what iv’e heard Danny in the past has had excellent customer service but from what iv’e experienced with the lack of contact and no answer’s as to whats happening with the company etc im sad to say its been terrible.

If anyone can throw any to light(no pun intended) onto the matter of me getting a replacement light head please share. And also in future who am i to deal with if lets say my battery needed replacing etc?

lordlamb
    Free Member

andysredmini – Did you get anywhere with Ison/Gloworm. I am in a similar situation. Switch broke on my X2 and Danny at CRG Moto said to send the light unit back and he’d exchange it. Now been waiting nearly 3 weeks. No reponse to emails for 2 weeks and can’t get through on the phone. Have emeailed Gloworm but no response yet. Emailed Ison yesterday but don’t hold much hope seeing I am no longer in possession of the old light unit. Such a shame. It was a great product but let down terribly by the after-service.

z1ppy

Did you see this thread? … hmmm actually probably not that helpful

andysredmini
    Free Member

lordlamb
    I contacted gloworm direct in New Zealand. Bruce (from the thread linked above) arranged for a distribute in America to send me one. He seemed surprised what was going on at CRG when I sent him the link to these threads.
    Once Bruce was on the case the battery was send straight away so cant really ask for better.
    I wouldn’t let this put anyone off gloworm lights. The lights are amazing quality for a good price and now ison are the distributor hopefully there should be no more problems.

lordlamb
    Free Member

Andysredmini – Great stuff. Glad you’ve been sorted out.

I’ve previously emailed Bruce and have yet to received a reply. I’ve messaged him in that other thread so hopefully he’ll get back to me and sort me out too! Thank God for the internet!

Thanks for the heads-up too z1ppy.

martymcfly321
    Free Member

Just to let you guys know that yes: they are still taking orders.

And unfortunately their customer service doesn’t seem to have improved. Ordered £200 worth of stuff off them in January, and of course my bank account was debited immediately.

Since then I have not had any correspondence one way or another. No response to emails, the phone rings out and you can’t leave a message.

Not really sure how to progress from here?

How did anyone here manage to get a response?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Crg moto, Gloworm lights( still trading ?)’ is closed to new replies.