• This topic has 25 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by murf.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Gloworm Distribution in the UK
  • glowormnz
    Free Member

Hey All

Well as this is my first time on the forum, best I introduce myself. I am Bruce, co-owner and designer of Gloworm Lights from NZ.

I thought it only proper than I help clear up any confusion with regards to distribution of our products in the UK and where to seek after sales service.

Distribution of Gloworm in the UK has been taken over by long standing (22 yrs operation) distributors, Ison Distribution (Ely, Cambridgeshire). Ison has been in the game for a while and well known for their brands Halo, Gusset and Identiti. Ison also represent HT Pedals, ODI Grips and Renthal Bars.

Ison will be distributing the products through local independent bike shops and will have new stock in the country very soon.

Ison Press Release

At this stage, CRG Moto will continue to sell Gloworm as a retailer. If you have dealt with CRG in the past and require after sales service, please call Danny first. If for some reason you cannot reach CRG, please get in touch with Ison (Ison Contact) or feel free to drop me an email at support@glowormlites.co.nz.

Additionally, if you have any queries about the products please hit me up via the forum and I will attempt to get on here once a week to see what’s been happening.

Cheers in Advance

Bruce (NZ) & Vaggelis (China)
    Gloworm Lights

jam-bo

glad it’s cleared up.

couple of questions while your here:

is the new go-pro mount backwards compatible with older lights?

I have an X1 and an X2 headlamp. when I plug the X1 into a battery (both a 2 cell and a 4 cell) it consistently shows a lower charge than when the X2 is plugged in.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

couple of questions while your here:

that was his “once a week” visit – you now have to wait another week for the answer…

glowormnz
    Free Member

Well I came back for another visit within 24hrs!

To answer the question above, the QR helmet mount is backward compatible to older lights it features the same system and we have increased its strength by improving on GoPro’s clip design and added material around the pivot area.

Regarding the battery indication, the current gauges are simply a guide and not an exact science. The circuit is simple and is tuned for the light that the battery was originally designed for, thus meaning it will display slightly different readings if used with another light head. This is based on different current draw and voltage. We have recently redesigned the fuel gauge and now have a system similar battery management components to a cell phone. It is much more accurate and will indicate for any lights in the same manner. This small upgrade will feature in the new products currently on their way to Ison.

Older batteries may be able to be upgraded for a fee, but this is something we will need to establish with the distributors and then get back to you.

Cheers

Bruce and Vaggelis

jedi

met you at core bike . i been using a glow worm for 2years. awesome light . love my troutie light too 🙂 no issues with either

glowormnz
    Free Member

Hey, yeah I remember! Thanks for dropping by! I like when experiences are shared, good and other 😀

jedi

lol surprised you remmeber me. loads there

glowormnz
    Free Member

I remember you talking about Troutie and the fact you were in the Singletracks forum. Plus I’ve got a good memory for some things but not names!

mboy
    Free Member

Hi Bruce

Chatted to you at length at Core. Been stocking the lights in my shop for a little while now, just had Simon from Ison in today and we’ve re-signed up to continue stocking the brand.

Looking forward to the new revisions you’re making to the existing lights, and can’t wait for the prototypes you showed me to make it to fruition!

Mark

andysredmini
    Free Member

I would like to thank Bruce for organising to get me sent a new battery to replace the one I sent for repair to CRG.
    I used my x2 light last night and had forgot how good it was. It’s like riding in daylight and the beam pattern is perfect. It completely leaves my mate and his chinese light in the dark.
    Thanks again Bruce

Andy

jam-bo

Regarding the battery indication, the current gauges are simply a guide and not an exact science. The circuit is simple and is tuned for the light that the battery was originally designed for, thus meaning it will display slightly different readings if used with another light head. This is based on different current draw and voltage. We have recently redesigned the fuel gauge and now have a system similar battery management components to a cell phone. It is much more accurate and will indicate for any lights in the same manner. This small upgrade will feature in the new products currently on their way to Ison.

So basically, ignore it and take a spare. 😉

Great lights by the way.

lordlamb
    Free Member

Hi Bruce,

I’ve sent you emails yesterday and on 31/1/15 to your support email address. Hopefully you can help.

I purchased a Gloworm X2 from your UK distributor CRG Moto in September 2013. I have been very happy with the lamp but unfortunately it recently developed a fault with the switch. However I was relieved when CRG Moto confirmed that the warranty is 24 months on the light unit and I was told to return it and that I would then be sent a replacement. Unfortunately it has now been 3 weeks since I sent the lamp unit back and I have still have not received a replacement despite being told on two separate occasions that it had been put in the post. I have now not had any communication from CRG Moto in 10 days. They are not responding to email and nobody ever answers the telephone.

I have now found out from this thread that distribution has changed to Ison. However, I can’t see how I can get them to cover the warranty when the broken lamp unit is at CRG Moto and I have no way of contacting them! Are you able to intervene to get this sorted for me. I love your product but I am so disappointed and frustrated with the service from CRG Moto. Its not what you expect or deserve when spending a lot of money on a lamp.

Thanks,

Evan

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Hi Bruce,

Another disappoonted CRG customer here. I received lights for Xmas via CRG from my kind Mrs. Nice lights for the 3 rides they worked on.

CRG took 6 weeks to deliver her order with no updates until chased and 2 missed delivery dates and now no response to my warranty enquiry. Phone rings to voicemail so I’d urge other users to avoid the stress and buy elsewhere.

Unfortunately had problems with both head units. Mailed Danny on the 21st and yourselves on the 22nd and 27th Jan but no responses yet so was getting worried.

Ison seem great and at least I have had good contact but they have no warranty stock yet. I really hope they come through soon with support on this premium priced light system I’ve bought in to!

variflex
    Free Member

Morning Everyone, just a quick post to let you know I have received fantastic service from Ison who are now the UK distributor for Gloworm. I had an X2 battery that started freying where the cable entered the battery pack. So although still working I decided the claim under warranty before it snapped. A few emails to Ison with photo’s of the problem and they have been fantastic. They have been quick to reply to emails and now they have received their first batch of stock they have sent me out a replacement battery, and thats before Ive sent back the old one which will be winding its way back to them today.

Needless to say, Im impresed with Stuart and the team at Ison so many thanks and thumbs up to them 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Same level of service from ISON today, superb contact so far. Very happy with them, so good news.

Still nothing from Danny, he’s disappeared. I’d strongly recommend everyone avoids him and gets the gloworms from your local shop. ISON will mean good support and I should be back enjoying these excellent lights again very soon!

glowormnz
    Free Member

Hey

I’m glad you’re getting some of your queries sorted through ISON. I have been dealing with them for a few years now through importing Halo to NZ and they have been faultless.

Gloworm will continue to support ISON through the transition phase in an effort to help with any requests you may have.

We have now replied to most if not all emails that have come our way but feel free to keep sending through the questions – that’s what we are here for!

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

stevemorg2

What happening with the go-pro type helmet mounts and the switch mounts for the bars ? had a look on the ID. site and nothing’s showing up – I also want change the flood optic on my 1200 lumen X2 to a spot – is it the same optic as on the 1500 lumen model.
    Not had any reply off Gloworm or CRG which is a real shame – Danny was great to deal with when I first bought the kit

glowormnz
    Free Member

Hey Stevemorg2

ISON currently has the new helmet mounts but not the switch mounts. These will be coming soon.

As ISON is a distributor they do not sell direct, so you will need to order one through your local bike shop.

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

stevemorg2

Understood – will any x2 opitic fit my 1200 lumen version?

glowormnz
    Free Member

Hey Stevemorg2

The new optics unfortunately do not fit the older 1200 Lumen versions. You can however look for some 20mm Carclo branded optics, these will fit the 1200 lumen version. Hope this helps?

Cheers

Bruce

thegreatape
    Free Member

‘Bruce and Vag’

Really? 🙂

glowormnz
    Free Member

Ha! Vag, short for Vaggelis (He’s Greek!). Long story, great guy.

thegreatape
    Free Member

🙂

Short for something else here!

lordlamb
    Free Member

Many thanks to Bruce for sorting out my X2 warranty claim after CRG Moto went AWOL. Ison were very quick at sending the parts out once in stock. Looking forward to hitting the trails again.

murf
    Free Member

My X2’S have been great lights and I’ve previously had a great service from Danny at CRG.Unfortunately one of the conductors inside the wee cable joint the feeds the on/off switch has failed. Unable to contact crg I opened the connector and re-soldered it, it’s just outside the warranty period and I needed a light.

Any chance you could post me a new wiring loom? I have the experience and facilities to repair it and it would look much neater than at the moment, wrapped in tape
    Cheers

murf
    Free Member

A wee pic of what happened.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Gloworm Distribution in the UK’ is closed to new replies.