Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • cree light at aldi
  • jonyb
    Free Member

these cree torches are back in at aldi for £12.00.
    amazing light for the money.
    mega bright.
    adjustable beam width. runs on 3 aaa batts.
    not bike specific but you can buy universal mounts from e-bay,so you can mount on handlebar or helmet.

bikeneil
    Free Member

jonyb – Member
    these cree torches are back in at aldi for £12.00.
    amazing light for the money.
    mega bright.
    adjustable beam width. runs on 3 aaa batts.
    not bike specific but you can buy universal mounts from e-bay,so you can mount on handlebar or helmet.

Which ones?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Was in yesterday never saw them, been looking for a decent head torch, £12 sounds good, just add some lithium batteries and good to go.

headfirst
    Free Member

Will pop in on my way home from work, and get me some of these too! 😀

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_27765.htm

EDIT: ooh and this too

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_27791.htm

rOcKeTdOg

link to ebay universal mount?

hammyuk
    Free Member

3x AAA’s should be able to swop for an 18650

NickScots
    Free Member

Just tested in my back garden, no street lights. Amazing light. Perfect shape beam for a bike. On the narrow focus I could scan a tree 100m away and see details.

I’ll be getting another one tomorrow. Plan to mount two on my handlebars or one on handlebars and one on helmet.

Will post up how long they last on a ride.

The rear on/off button is easy to click with your thumb with the hand still on the handlebars.

I have a SMART 3w NICAD night riding light which is 6 years old and has a bottle cage battery and only lasts an hour now. So the ALDI will replace it.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Just picked up 2, I like the aaa batteries, easy to replace if it runs down half way round. Got the magic shine for the handlebars.

What a great little light.

Just need to find a mount for my helmet.

jonyb
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    link to ebay universal mount?

just type in “torch mount” or similar and take ur pick.
    velcro fastening is more than adequate.

Trampus
    Free Member

It doesn’t state anything on there about power, but when they were for sale last time it was a claimed 5 watt output. They are terrific value for money! 🙂

Trampus
    Free Member

It doesn’t state anything on there about power, but when they were for sale last time it was a claimed 5 watt output. They are terrific value for money! 🙂

Edit: Why not buy two? 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

5W? 3 NiMH AAAs would last 45m?

jonyb
    Free Member

240 lumens.
    excellent battery life. Cant recall last time i changed them!!

sparkyrhino

Got one last year,£8 good light helmet torch,would using lithium batt make it brighter?

pennine
    Free Member

Just nipped in and bought one. Mainly for a backup light for my winter hillwalking trips. I have a Trout light for the bike.

chief31
    Free Member

Got one today. I can’t think if you could buy a better one for the price or even triple the price.
    Hit the trees at the back of my garden approx 100 feet no problem.
    Just need to DIY a helmet mount now. No problemo.

onewheelgood

I just got one. Light output seems about the same as my Fenix LD20, which claims 180 lumens, but the Fenix has a pretty tight beam whereas you can adjust the Aldi one. You can also buy four Aldi lights for the price of one LD20.

onewheelgood

I’ve reconsidered. It’s better than the LD20, but about the same as a Joystick (240 lumens). But you can buy 12 of the Aldi lights for one Joystick.

MoreCashThanDash

I succombed tonight, think I may have found my new commuting light!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Just popped into town a brought one. Very bright for the money.

Scapegoat

chief31 – Member
    Got one today. I can’t think if you could buy a better one for the price or even triple the price.
    Hit the trees at the back of my garden approx 100 feet no problem.
    Just need to DIY a helmet mount now.[u] No problemo.

Inner tube . Adjustable, cheap, sustainable.

Patent applied for

chorlton
    Free Member

Looked in Aldi in Bury on Sunday but couldn’t find any. They’re like a jumble sale in those places.

phead
    Free Member

You can get the same thing from eBay for £6 delivered from the uk, the aldi guarantee is better of course, but twice the price seems a little high.

ian martin
    Free Member

What’s the best solution for rechargable batteries?
    It looks like you could maybe replace the battery carrier with one cell.

Scapegoat

ian martin – Member
    What’s the best solution for rechargable batteries?
    It looks like you could maybe replace the battery carrier with one cell.

Yes, 18650 is your search term.

user-removed
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads-up, but thanks even more for the search term on eBay. Just bought a lot of 2 exactly the same torches from a UK seller for a tenner. That’s TWO for a tenner, free postage 🙂

mrpiglet1981
    Free Member

user-removed – Member
    Thanks for the heads-up, but thanks even more for the search term on eBay. Just bought a lot of 2 exactly the same torches from a UK seller for a tenner. That’s TWO for a tenner, free postage

do you have a link?

thanks 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My 18650 don’t fit.

user-removed
    Free Member

Seller is toptech-mart. Sorry on phone and using ebay app so can’t easily link direct.

chief31
    Free Member

18650 is too big. Maybe a cr123a

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I think the 18650 will fit but the tail cap will have to be dismantled. Are the tail caps of the eBay ones different to the aldi ones.?

porter_jamie

tescos had a load of cree torches in cheap at the weekend

ian martin
    Free Member

The voltage of the three aaa batteries is 4.5V but I can’t find a rechargable cell any bigger than 3.7A. Will this okay or will it push the amps up and overload the circuitry?

stonster
    Free Member

ebay one suggest 18650 should fit – voltage they say is 3.6-4.2v so should be ok. Has any tried an 18650 or two in an ebay one?

spooky_b329

I just ordered the ebay ‘2 for a tenner’ ones. Worth noting they do not include batteries, once you add a charger and two 18650 batteries it comes to around £22.50 (different sellers, as the torch seller only has EU plug chargers) which is pretty much the same as Aldi, except you get rechargeable batteries instead of one use AAA’s. And I don’t have to go to Aldi 🙂

stonster
    Free Member

as long as the 18650 batteries fit… let us know!

chief31
    Free Member

I tried an unprotected 18650. Don’t fit. Wasted your money there. I did say that earlier.

spooky_b329

The guy is selling 18650 batteries so I presume he has had the sense to try, could be a slightly different design internally to the Aldi one. However I have emailed him to confirm.

He has sold out now but since I purchased a few minutes ago, the price jumped from 9.99 to 13.99! Can you set ebay to ramp the price up as the quantity decreases on multiple quantity listings?

I bought protected x2 18650 batteries and charger for 12.85.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘cree light at aldi’ is closed to new replies.