Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Credit Card Rewards
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

My HSBC Visa, while having no fee, offers nothing in terms of rewards.

I put almost everything on the card and pay it off in full each month, so interest rate not an issue.

Any suggestions of a card with some rewards for spending, either cash back or points to spend?

The ability to set up a direct debit to pay off the full bill each month would also be good.

Cheers

PL

Murray

Capital One 1% on everything, no maximum per year. Amex if you spend enough in places that take it (not nice to retailers, it’s the most expensive card to accept).

Northwind

Abbey do a cashback one but there’s an associated fee, you need to be earning a fair chunk of cashback to make it work. For families with big shops, 2 cars, lots of miles etc it’d probably be worthwhile.

jon1973
    Free Member

+1 for Capital One. Nice little bonus every January when they credit my account with the cashback I’ve accumulated throughout the year.

bensales
    Free Member

Yup, almost everything I spend goes through my Capital One card. Up to 300 quid in cash back already this year (lots of international flights, all on expenses!).

onewheelgood

John Lewis Partnership Card gives cashback in the form of John Lewis vouchers. Very middle class (so ideal for STW), and useful for distracting Mrs Owg from the bike parts bill.

jonba
    Free Member

We have a flybe one and have more flights than we can use. My fiance uses them to fly to Jersey to visit her brother.

Santander one looks ok depending on what you buy in the card, better for petrol. Amazon do one which was tempting. I’d get a nectar one but it and Amex and I want a card I can actually use.

I’ve always fround the pure cash back ones to offer poor returns but ones where you get vouchers to be much better. Only works if you want the vouchers though!

sadmadalan

Tesco – can buy stuff from them or exchange other services, e.g RAC

AlasdairMc

BMI Amex. Spend £250 in the first three months for two return domestic or Western Europe flights.

footflaps

+1 John Lewis Partnership Card

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Credit Card Rewards’ is closed to new replies.