Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • crappy week, bike wise
  • rOcKeTdOg

since last Thursday i've had 4 punctures and tonight i bust a chain going up a steep hill and had to steer with my gonads into a ditch 😕

still, nice weather for it! 😀

romster
    Free Member

I seem to be getting a mouth FULLLLL of green flies where ever i go on bike this week………..whats that all about…….

highclimber
    Free Member

yeah tis rubbish, i had a puncture and bent my rear mech.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

At least you got to ride – best week of the year so far & i'm working overtime all week plus Saturday 🙁

romster
    Free Member

At least you got to ride – best week of the year so far & i'm working overtime all week plus Saturday

Gutting!!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The again, i might be buying a new bike on Sunday! 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

my mate took me to the dirt jumps twice this week and i cannot do tabletops or doubles ;-(

romster
    Free Member

sweet – what we buying md??

rOcKeTdOg

Bike has stayed together so far today!

Alex

In a mad 3 week period I broke

1xST4 mech hanger
    1xPace 405 mech hanger
    1xRP23 shock
    2xXT shadow mechs
    2xSRAM chanins
    1xPike Coil Forks
    1xST4 shock bushings
    1xHope wheel bearings
    1xset of Avid brakes
    1xXT shifter.

It was like triage in the bike shop. At one point I ran out of bikes. It would have been cheaper to run round the woods setting fire to ten pound notes.

Still my nuts remained un-stemmed so I feel I'm ahead of the game compared to RD. Riding tonight, expect something to explode.

rOcKeTdOg

Riding tonight, expect something to explode.

hopefully not the aforementioned nuts

organic355
    Free Member

steer with my gonads

Do they teach that at once of those advanced Dirtschool classes?

zaskar
    Free Member

Had a great ride on the weekend, caught Man flu and have only pat the bike on the saddle while blowing dose.

And the weather has been ace!

Ahhh stuck in with work till next Friday! sniff choo!

If you have bike and can ride, get out there! 😆

leftyboy
    Free Member

At least you got to ride – best week of the year so far & I'm not able to ride due to illness and I'm not likely to be back on the back until Nov/Dec. 😥

Russell96

Beginning of May I had one week where I managed to break two frames.

stumpy01

I built up my Inbred and then didn't get the chance to ride it for ages.

Took it to Thetford last Thursday for it's maiden voyage and then in the shed over the weekend the spring side of the forks decided to lose all lubricating oil & I've not had the time to sort that to go out for a ride again since.

Could take the full sus, but don't really wanna draw attention to it on a road ride…..might try to top up the oil this evening.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Romster – i'm looking at a Marin Wolf Ridge 2009 (the bright orange job) hopefully it'll be low enough for me to swing a leg over! 😆

lovewookie

frustrating week for me.

Saturday, ongoing issues with an old lefty. Stripped, whilst stripping knocked the race retainer off inside the fork so had to strip all the fork down to at least try to get it together again. Didn't manage that, but figured I could take it to LBS and they would have the tools. Started to sort the cartridge, lockout stuck on.

Spoke to old lefty service place Monday, to get it sorted. No problems, 3 to 5 days to get it fixed and back to me.

OK, sent it Monday on a next day. said place closed on Tuesdays, so didn't get to it until Wednesday. Phoned Wednesday AM, told they'd have a look and phone back either later that day or Thursday AM. Thursday came and went, with no phone call and no one answering the phone.

Got through this morning, met with an answer message stating they'd be closed until the 26th.

so I'm left for yet another week without a bike. It's glorious out there, and I know I'm still going to end up £100+ lighter when it eventually gets sorted.

damn it.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

At least you got to ride – best week of the year so far & i'm working overtime all week plus Saturday

That's nothing. I've got mumps! MUMPS at my age FFS (32). Combined with the fact I'm moving to Norway next Friday and have a lot to finish at work, it's a bit of a shitter to say the least.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘crappy week, bike wise’ is closed to new replies.