Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Cotic solaris………..ding dong
  • rOcKeTdOg

32T x 11:32 rider has better legs than me!

JamesD
    Free Member

bol – 1×9 actually! Personally, see no reason to switch to x10 yet. At the moment it’s 25lb-something with the heavier wheels, alu bars, Shimano rotors etc.

Agree that weight isn’t the point of a steel HT but I plan to race it a bit this year as well as my Scale 🙂

JamesD
    Free Member

Update: 50 miles on it yesterday. Super comfy, fun and fast 🙂

cy

Tubeset mix n match is due to designing the best frame I could. All the Reynolds tubes long enough for 29er are much thicker than I wanted to use, and True Temper OX Plat is effectively the same as 853 in that it air hardens and it’s very strong. Using the OX Plat for the down tube got me the size/length I wanted without custom tooling, and it’s the same spec as the new seat tubes so using both got me over the minimum order threshold as True Temper work slightly differently to Reynolds. What True Temper don’t do is an off the shelf oval tube for the top tube, and Reynolds do, so I went with 853 for the top tube to get that spot on.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Cy, any thoughts on doing a green production batch? I’m tempted as it is but a Solaris in green would definitely have me reaching for my wallet.

metalheart
    Free Member

Hehe, KoB get in line I’ve already been chibbing at that particular one.

When I read cy’s post it was yada, yada, yada, when’s he gonna get to the important bit, when will green be available… 😉

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Just thought I’d get in there seeing as Cy posted 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

KoB: the more the merrier I say.

But I’m first in line, just so as you know… :mrgreen:

bol

Got all the bits lined up for mine now. Just need to get the wheels built. It’s going to end up being a bit weight weenie, which is slightly ironic given it’s an XL steel frame. People will definitely be pointing and laughing at the talentless bloke with the tarty orange bike. So just the colour that’s changed really then.

bigsi
    Free Member

bol – don’t forget to I’m defiantly interested in your ScandAL when you’re ready 😉

kelvin

>cough<

Solaris now available in “that green”, as well as the blue and the orange.

yossarian
    Free Member

>cough<

pay for advertising 😉

kelvin

I was just answering the question…

I was searching for photos of green Solaris bikes and this thread came up first, with people asking for the green to be used for production, which it now has!

Anyway, anyone got photos of their green Solaris? Want to show someone… Thanks.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

boltonjon

Thats real nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Cotic solaris………..ding dong’ is closed to new replies.