Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Converting Klein Attitude to singlespeed
  • munkeymadness
    Free Member

Has anyone converted a Klein Attitude to singlespeed?

Bought a DMR chain tensioner, but as has mini horizontal drop outs rather than regular vertical drop outs its not possible to use it.

Anyone got any ideas? Are there different more suitable tensioners?

I don’t think the dropouts will allow enough movement to tension the chain.

walleater

Would a half link solve the problem?

batman11
    Free Member
    munkeymadness
    Free Member

cheers. A half link may just do it.

Batmna, The bottom bracket looks a good solution although I’m hoping to do it on the cheap. Also I don’t think the cranks I want to use (Middleburn square taper) are compatible.

munkeymadness
    Free Member

Batman, The bottom bracket looks a good solution although I’m hoping to do it on the cheap. Also I don’t think the cranks I want to use (Middleburn square taper) are compatible.

munkeymadness
    Free Member

Batman, The bottom bracket looks a good solution although I’m hoping to do it on the cheap. Also I don’t think the cranks I want to use (Middleburn square taper) are compatible.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I used to run my Klein Singlespeed with a buzzer batchelor chain tensioner and it worked fine. I attempted to use the mini horizontal dropouts to tension the chain but there was not quite enough adjustment. This might just have been my gear choice though. Good luck, will make a wicked Singlespeed

Lucas
    Free Member

Well done monkey – takes a bit of skill to treble post and get the thread on the forum and classifieds 😕

Sounds like you need a half link, I’ve got some chain tensioners you can use if necessary!

munkeymadness
    Free Member

Thanks Lucas. I learnt most of my skills from you.
    A half link might just work. Will steal the chain tensioners from you if I nee them or not.
    Hope all is well with you.

Lucas
    Free Member

Skillz from me – that’ll be why you’re crap on a bike.

All good but too much travelling with work, done now for Christmas but then off to Sweden in Jan, followed by Gay Paris, then Italy, Germany and the Netherlands and just up to the start of March. Need to plan another weekend in the Lakes!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Converting Klein Attitude to singlespeed’ is closed to new replies.