Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Coniston / North Face Trail linking routes?
  • yoshimi

Hi,
    has anyone put together a route around that general area that would include the NFT and a bit extra? Still working on my fitness (as 3/10 at the moment but climbing:)) so nothing to soul destroying – any maps or just ideas would be great.

cheers

grumm
    Free Member

You could do the first two sections of the NFT, then turn off left to Parkamoor, down to NIbthwaite, then across to Torver and up to join Walna Scar road down into Coniston. From there up to Tilberthwaite-Hodge Close and back down into Grizedale.

Fagus
    Free Member

Hey yoshimi,

NFT is probably the least best bit of Grizedale. If you want a day out round there drop me a mail.

yoshimi

Hi Fagus,
    I was thinking maybe a week on saturday – but be warned
    Still working on my fitness (as 3/10 at the moment but climbing:))

If you don’t mind waiting at the top of the climbs for me 😆 I’d enjoy that. I’ll send you a mail early next week to confirm.

cheers

Fagus
    Free Member

Yoshimi,

Week on Saturday is about the only day I can’t make it. That will have to be a Rivi morning. (Mother in Laws 300th birthday. OK I exaggerate, but she’s OLD, and the way her siblings are dying she won’t have too many more, so I have to go!)

Free this Saturday (Can easily cancel the planned Todmorden ride). Free next Wednesday, or the Weds after. Otherwise just about any Saturday apart from Feb28.

Thinking about it could do week on Sunday if that’s any use.

Don’t worry about fitness, at present I’m spending lots of time at the osteopath, so my back don’t take rough use kindly.

yoshimi

I’m a strict 9-5 employee so I think maybe a week on sunday would be best for me – 1st March? One of my friends quite fancies it to, just text him and he seemed well up for it…….he’s much fitter than me also!

Fagus
    Free Member

OK fine by me. Mail me early next week and we’ll finalise.

I’m not a racer, and believe that air belongs IN tyres, not UNDER them. Whilst I’m not the fastest I’m always there at the end of the ride.

Other than that I’ve got all the prejudices going. Wifey says that I’m the original grumpy old man, and maybe she’s right 👿

lowey
    yoshimi

Lowey – that looks epic! Am I supposed to do that in one day 😯

Sounds goof Fagus, we can put the world to rights then 😡

Fagus
    Free Member

Lowey’s route is not hard. The worst bit is the fire road from High Cross to Parkamoor; it goes on forever. Easily doable in a day. I was thinking along the lines of start on NFT, Parkamoor, Satterthwaite, then work east down The Fox to Claife Heights then back through Colthouse, Hawkshead and finish on NFT (if you must!).

Open to suggestions and bribery.

Is Lowey coming?

yoshimi

finish on NFT (if you must!).
    I’ll quite happily forget about that if you want – originally I was going on my own and didn’t know any routes so thought the NFT would be a good start, but now I’ve got a guide…………..I’m ha[ppy to go where you think is best.

Is Lowey coming?
    I’ve never met him other than following some of his rivvy routes posted on here, but anyone is welcome as far as im concerned.

My mate who fancies it doesn’t really come on here as he doesn’t get near a PC much, but he does ride regular and very easygoing

erny
    Free Member

Slight hijack but has anyone done the coniston route that is mbr this month?

Fagus
    Free Member

Not as set out by the mag, but done all the bits. Not a lot wrong with it. Most riding in that area is good, so you can do variations without too much worry.

(Ask Yoshimi if you can join his jaunt.)

erny
    Free Member

Fagus which way round would you do it,the way in the mag or the other way round

Fagus
    Free Member

When I saw the route my first thought was to do it the other way round. I then thought they might be right, but have decided that my first thoughts were correct. Do it the other way round to the mag; should be more fun.

erny
    Free Member

Mate of mine says the parkamoor descent is great and would be a waste to ride up it

Fagus
    Free Member

Agreed, but if you are going to stick rigidly to that route then you will have to ride up Walna Scar which

is great and would be a waste to ride up it

As above^^^^there’s a lot to do round there, so much that you can’t do all the good things in one ride. You will have to make compromises somewhere, or go more often.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Fagus
    If your running a tour can me and the boys come and play? Ton might make it too if you don’t have a weight limit!

Fagus
    Free Member

DeeJay, sure, you guys can come any time. Always happy to see the Darlo crowd. Only problem is Yoshimi says he’s not that fit. I’ve never met him, so have to go on what he’s just posted. The Undertaker, fatgit, yourself etc might burn him off. It’s yoshimi’s shout, but might be better if we fix up a separate meet. Sooner the better? What you doing this w/e? Weds/Fri next week?

lowey

Might be able to join you if its a Sunday.

Seeing as Fagus mentioned the Fox, I’d like to revisit the cheeky minx :-

Yoshimi, you cant go wrong around Coniston or Grizedale. Simply 1st class riding.

Look at my fotopic site (click my name above) for plenty of pictures of the area. Its Ace.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Planning to ride this Sunday – probably the Lakes – nothing decided on the route yet – are you riding Sat or could you make the Sun?
    Yoshimi its up to you about the 1st

Fagus
    Free Member

DeeJay, was planning Todmorden on Saturday, but always open to better offers. Twist my arm 😉

Where are you off? Fancy Garburn this time? Or somewhere round Coniston – one of the above routes?

Is Ton coming? If so on which of his bikes 🙄

Lowey – be great to meet on 1st if you can make it.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Fagus

consider your arm twisted – Garburn would be good – Ton is just waiting for us to decide – well ❓

Fagus
    Free Member

Yo man ❗

Sunday, 9.30 at Wheelbase?

Suppose I’d better get some post ride cake, instead of eating all yours.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Sorted.

ton
    yoshimi

Deejay, you’re more than welcome pal – I really won’t be offended if yuo guys drop me off the back of the peleton (just make sure you point me in the right direction before you do) – last thing I want is for me to be holding anyone up and ruining their days riding and thats why I’m always a bit cautious about arranging rides with people I don’t know. I’m just desperate to get up there and get to know some of the trails as a bit of a change to riding round Rivvy.

Lowey, love the photos pal, can’t wait to get up there now. Pretty sure we’re looking at week on sunday (1st march) – be good if you could come:)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Thanks Yosh

Do not fret – Fagus exaggerates

Junkyard
    Free Member

yoshimi
    I’ve never met him other than following some of his rivvy routes posted on here, but anyone is welcome as far as im concerned.

Well I am more qualified than that just but if you are going up to the lakes can I tag along as well? Does anyone own a van?

ton

Junkyard
    are you meaning this sunday????

i will be passing on the m61.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We did that route Lowey IDs but cut out the northern bit and included TNF trail. Excellent, especially Parkamoor descent.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ton – kind offer but sadly not this Sunday I mean the one after (live in same place as Yoshimi) as I need more notice than that to get a pass out (wife, kids and Birthday party this weekend) but feel free to invite me again if you are passing
    Thanks

Fagus
    Free Member

Poor do that, Junkyard. You’ll miss the chocolate & fudge cake kindly supplied by Mrs Fagus. We’ll just have to eat your share – it wouldn’t be eatable if we kept it for a week!

Doesn’t Yoshimi have some mammoth Misubishi pickup thingy? Try bribery, it usually works.

Junkyard
    Free Member

saw him today (pure chance) and yes he does so he will drive… see you then

Fagus
    Free Member

Bonzer! We’ll fix details mid week. What about Lowey?

Tomorrow I’ll see if the Darlo boys & ton are coming back.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Coniston / North Face Trail linking routes?’ is closed to new replies.