Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Conditions in Rothbury – advice please
  • younggeoff

Planning on riding in Rothbury south into the Simonside Hills with a lunch at Thropton then back in the hills near Cragside and back down hill back to Rothbury.

Just wondering what the conditions are like and if we should aim to ride elsewhere.

TC
    Free Member

Loads of compacted snow and ice still around on Simonside, all pretty ridable with care, same goes for carriage drive.
    Where the sun can get to it the snows going if not gone already.

carbon337
    Free Member

I was at Thrunton on Sunday – waste of time – still areas of deep snow – I had to walk the Fireroads and left after an hour.

check mtbne here someone there may know more about Rothbury itself.

t-p26
    Free Member

Carriagedrive was compacted snow yesterday.
    I think we"ll need global warming before its clear again. Where there has been deep snow it isn`t moving very much if at all. I was able to ride too the carpark at simonside via Whitton hillhead and fields, but beyond that it was impassable.
    Pinball is okay for sessioning though because the water has washed the "line" clear 😉

carbon337
    Free Member

Pinball is okay for sessioning though because the water has washed the "line" clear

t-p – where is this – im looking for some riding for this weekend – im in Amble.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Conditions in Rothbury – advice please’ is closed to new replies.