Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • conditions at gisburn forest?
  • bobario
    Free Member

as per title. i know we’ve had rain lately but is it still rideable?

Bunnyhop

We went last Sunday and the conditions were fine, infact really dry in places.
    The blue back to the carpark was shut, I think there’s quite a bit more trail building going on. Whoopee!

Gribs

It’s always rideable, sometimes it’s just slippier than others.

martinhutch

It’s fine. You’ll have a good time.

I think they’re mainly repairing the last bit of the blue, which was looking a tad chewed up, and building the link to the new car park, by the looks of it.

bobario
    Free Member

thanks for the replies, i think i’ll head over there tomorrow. 😀

stumpyjon

Yep there’s still a detour in place on the last blue climb before the car park, the berm repairs are done, the repairs on the climb were done a week last Thursday when it threw it down and need to time to settle in.

There is more trail building going on but it’s not affecting the existing trails (unless you’re up there during the week in which case keep an eye open for heavy plant on the fire roads around Stephen Park).

None of the new stuff is even vaguely rideable at the moment so keep off, will be a couple of months at least before it’s openned. Riding it earlier will seriously damage it and can be dangerous, we will run you down with the tracked dumper (and probably not even notice 😈 ).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘conditions at gisburn forest?’ is closed to new replies.