Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Computer HRM with Cadence for REAR Wheel? Warning: Darkside Content
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

Got a Polar CS200 or something for my sister's bike with HRM and cadence but the speed sensor only transmits 50cm so it won't work on the back wheel so no good on a turbo trainer.

Any alternatives for around £100?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Mount the head unit on the seatpost 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It's not 'roadie', it's darkside… tsk!..tsk! Honestly, some people 😛

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Yeah that'll work 😆

Oh I changed it to darkside no-eyed so now your comment looks daft 😀

vinnyeh

Why do you want to know your 'speed' – it shouldn't be necessary.

crouch_potato
    Free Member

I'm not sure I understand how cadence (rather than speed) sensors work on a front wheel in any case, but there are a few suunto models that have cadence functions at around your price range.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

You're right it's not neccessary vinnyeh but you know what women are like…….

Cheers will check out the Suunto stuff.

vinnyeh

oh, skipped over the bit where you said it was for your sister.

keyses2

My polar HRM instructions said to mount the cadence magnet on the crank and the sensor on the down tube (below the bottle cage), could you try that instead of on the rear wheel, it may make it closer to the head unit.

peteimpreza

The CS200 cadence sensor goes on the down tube and the magnet on the crank arm. So it will work without any modification on the turbo.

To get a speed read out on a turbo you will need to mount the speed sensor on the rear triangle, the magnet on the rear wheel and the head unit on the seat post

aracer
    Free Member

Surely if you're into calling road riding "darkside", turbo trainers and HRMs are far too serious for you?

Don't know about newer Polar stuff, but older speed sensors (for S710) had a jumper where you could change the transmit power, which should have been enough for a rear wheel mount sensor to work. I now have a Suunto, and would be surprised if one of those didn't work given the range on the HRM belt and GPS unit (I don't have a bike speed sensor).

Oh I changed it to darkside no-eyed so now your comment looks daft

Apart from that your original thread title is forever visible in the url.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

cateye v3 does both i think…£99(ive got one in stock!)

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Cheers for the info everyone.

Thanks cycleworlduk I'll order one.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

those v3s are dreadfull. i had one and the HRM stoped working so sent it back to zyro. They then sent it back saying it was fine and nothing was w wrong with it.

martinb
    Free Member

if you get a S type speed sensor, it has 2 small philips screws, you can open it up and change a jumper setting so it will work up to 1.1m.

You can google it. Not sure about later sensors though, think my CS200 was a S type and I did the change, my S625X definately was.

Hope that helps

aikon
    Free Member

Garmin do a rear wheel speed/cadence pickup, I've used on on Forerunners & Edge series

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Computer HRM with Cadence for REAR Wheel? Warning: Darkside Content’ is closed to new replies.