Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Combining Saint M810 Caliper with XT M775 Levers
  • Sheps
    Free Member

Has anyone combined new Saint M810 Caliper with XT M775 Lever?

I just f*cked one of my XT calipers and thought I could buy a Saint caliper instead of XT.
    The saint levers and XT levers seem to be very similar.
    Anyone have any thoughts??

racing_ralph
    Free Member

be fine

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yep, it will be ok. All Shimano hydraulic calipers can be mixed with all hydraulic levers.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yip I use an XTR M975 lever with a Saint M810 caliper.

mboy
    Free Member

I may be wrong, in fact I probably am cos everything previous in the Shimano range is all interchangable, but don't the Saint Levers have a bigger master cylinder, and the Saint calipers have bigger Piston area overall than anything XT/SLX/XTR etc?

Sure it'd all still work, but if they do have bigger master cylinders on Saint levers, XT lever with Saint caliper would be a touch spongy… Though VERY powerful.

spock
    Free Member

itd be fine im sure of it, look at the most recent singletrack, the kona stab reviewed in the 'widowmakers' section has xt levers and saint calipers.

Mike
    Free Member

I've been mixing and matching Shimano levers/calipers for years now and I've just put a pair of new Saint M810 levers with XT M755 4-pot calipers, my other bikes have XT M775 levers with XTR M975 calipers and they're super sharp…

schrickvr6 – Out of interest, how do you find this combo?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I can't tell any difference from the full Saint setup on my other bike, I've got an XTR lever, caliper and 160mm rotor rear, and the XTR Saint combo on the front. In fact it's so good I'll probably drop down to a 160mm rotor on the front, save a few grams.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Combining Saint M810 Caliper with XT M775 Levers’ is closed to new replies.