Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Coffee track world Q?
  • Tiger6791

Now I’ve got my coffee machine (one with a bean grinder and a handle thing you tamper and cam in) can I get pod things to put in the handle thingy for when I’m feeling lazy

donsimon
    Free Member

WTF?

montylikesbeer

No stick to beans , pods are grim.

iDave
    Free Member

Tiger6791

Right, seen as I need to stick to beans then, what’s good or shall I just buy Tesco ones?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Hasbean subscription. A bag a month through your door and it’s quality.

mefty
    Free Member

I am perfectly happy with Tesco ones.

montylikesbeer

happy donkey, great supplier

matthewjb
    Free Member

Hasbean

Get their Espresso starter pack to get you going.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I like the service and choice from Hasbean, but I’m not that keen on the beans.

The roast is too mild for my machine/taste. And they are the driest beans I’ve ever seen.

When I used to get Hill and Valley coffee, they were black and beautifully oily.

Tiger6791

It seems this is going to be complicated.

African / American / Scottish ?

grahamb
    Free Member

As suggested, try the espresso starter pack from Hasbean.

Get an Aeropress for when you’re feeling lazy. Aeropress + decent beans will make better coffee than anything you’ll get from a pod.

jota180
    Free Member

Jeez ……… it a cup of coffee FFS

do as iDave suggests

BigJohn

Having gone through dozens of types of bean we’re now on the big packs of Lavazza red from Tesco. Occasionally mixed with the Taylors beans, also from Tesco.

I used to love Happy Donkey but last time I bought about 10 packs they weren’t the same as i remembered so I stopped using them. Probably ought to give them another chance.

HAsbean is close to us and supplies a local deli. I can honestly say I’ve never enjoyed one of their roasts. Their house style has a bitterness that’s not for me. I guess that’s becauseI have sugar with mine and don’t regard coffee as a savoury flavour.

bruneep

Jeez ……… it a cup of coffee FFS

Oh no its more than that.

It there a LCS I get mine from Mcbeans in Aberdeen.

mrblobby
    Free Member

do as iDave suggests

Judging by past posts on coffee threads, I suspect iDave was not being entirely serious with his response.

Trying the espresso beans from M&S here, nice enough. Though just made it in a new bigger stove top and tastes a bit funny. Reckon the stove tops need a lot of use and not much cleaning to taste ok.

Hmm any reason not to go for a gaggia classic…?

chaos

Used Waitrose coffee pods once when the seal went on my old espresso machine and found them ok.

mrblobby – you didn’t dishwasher it did you? that ruined my stovetop. I also discovered that it’s better if you start with warm water in the base and turn off the heat as soon as you hear the bubbling otherwise it gets bitter.

mrblobby
    Free Member

No, just brand new. Reckon my old one tastes better with a good coating of old coffee.

And yes, I have before now put one in the dishwasher…. not a great idea 😐

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Coffee track world Q?’ is closed to new replies.