Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Coen Bros – True Grit
  • noteeth
    Free Member

Sweet Lord above, am I looking forward to this

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Didnt think much of it to be honest. Not really a Coen Bros fan though.

kimbers

im very much looking forward to it

Pigface
    Free Member

Moi aussi, the reviews have been glowing.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Looking forward to it also. Hope they are back on form.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Personally, I can’t wait for the Quentin Tarantino/John Woo remake of the Ingmar Bergman classic, The Silence.

brakes
    Free Member

hopefully they can bring some of the qualities from No Country for Old Men to a proper western and not just make another Wyatt Earp or Tombstone
    I reckon Matt Damon could come out of this well – good to see him playing a different role

that Guardian article is awful

_tom_
    Free Member

Trailer looks good, will be watching this soon I hope.. I’m not usually a big fan of the Coen brothers for some reason, but loved Fargo so they’re not completely lost on me!

z1ppy

G/f is so unhappy about them remaking it, but on watching the trailer I’m quite up for it

Blackhound

My dad took me to see the original with John Wayne when it was released 40+ years ago. Looking forward to this as I do like the Coen bros work. This will be closer to the original novel I understand.

doc_blues
    Free Member

cant wait…

highlight of my christmas was watching this with my 2 year old and him saying ‘bloody hell, that horse is galloping fast…’

0/10 for swearing, but 10/10 for good contextual use of swear words… so proud!

speaker2animals

Yep first film of 2011 I’m looking forward to.

MTT
    Free Member

I’ve just seen it, I wont venture into details or even offer an opinion for fear of spoiling it for you.

I’d certainly watch it, I’m interested to find out what others think.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I love westerns, and am generally keen on the Coens. Looking forward to it very much. 🙂

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Thought it was ok, Bridges does a great job, even Daemon is not bad and the wee lass is excellent, not a patch on the original though.

noteeth
    Free Member

The original is great – I suppose I just love the Coen take on things (except for their “in-between” films).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Coen Bros – True Grit’ is closed to new replies.