Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • CO2 Cartridges
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

Would a 16 gram one fill a mountain bike tyre?

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, easy.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a good place to get them cheap online?

I’ve heard you can get them for airsoft guns a fair bit cheaper than from MTB shops.

Shorty121
    Free Member

What pressure would I expect in a 2.35 tyre?

nuke

Does anyone know of a good place to get them cheap online?

http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk/index.php

crispybacon
    Free Member

What pressure would I expect in a 2.35 tyre?

You should get about 35 to 38psi for a 2.35 tyre & tyreinflators – see link by nuke – are the cheapest place I can find. approx. £20 for 30 carts delivered.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Cheers Nuke, that site looks spot on!

Algore
    Free Member

I go for 12gram ones and carry two round with me.

jimc101
    Free Member

Just remember the cartridges freeze during use, so wear thick full finger gloves, or use a holder, like the Ultraflate http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk/innovations-tyre-inflators/innovations-ultraflate-plus-inc-1x16gm-uses-only-innovations-brand-co2/prod_565.html?category=8

Shorty121
    Free Member

That holder says only to use a specific cartridge does it matter?

crispybacon
    Free Member

That holder says only to use a specific cartridge does it matter?

I have an innovations Second Wind pump which is also a CO2 jobbie – best of both worlds. The innovations products all say use their carts but I buy the ones from tyreinflators which work OK.

nuke

@crispy bacon – I have that pump and did wonder about using other brands of cartridges…what cartridges do you get for it from tyreinflators?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Ah thats what I wanted to hear considering I ordered them already 😛

stoney
    Free Member

I got a box of 30 threded head type for £22 posted! Anyone in our group that wants a couple i charge 80pence ea. 😛 A Vittoria one from the LBS is 2.99?….. 😯

And a 16gm isnt quite enough for an MTB 2.35 tyre. It will get you home but itll be quite soft.

kaiser
    Free Member

used a 16gm one recently during the very cold spell and it only filled a 2.1 to a very soft pressure…….presume that was because of the temperatures.

jimc101
    Free Member

That Ultraflate holder takes threaded or un-threaded, I have one, and use which ever cartridge I pick up first. The 16g does a road 23/25mm tire to hard say 90psi ish, have only used on MTB on a 2.1 tire; which felt like about 30-35 psi, so would say you need 2 x 12g or 1.5 x 16g for a 2.35.

crispybacon
    Free Member

@ nuke – I use these from tyreinflators I buy them by the box of 30 which are 16gm threaded & unbranded. Never had any issues using them.

munkyboy
    Free Member

anyone used a simple connector type such as innovations AIR CHUCK SL. would these be compatible with generic 12g cartridges. would 2 12g fill a 2.35 tyre. think all the answers are yes but not sure. could be the best cheapest and lightest option as far as i can tell

nuke

Cheers crispy bacon. I’ll be giving those a try.

Woody
    Free Member

Strange. I’ve found a 16g fills a 2.4 Weirwolf (ghetto tubeless) and 2.2’s with a bit to spare. I run my tyres on the hard side ie. 40 psi+

crispybacon
    Free Member

munkyboy – the answer to all 3 points is Yes.

I agree with Woody in that I’ve not had any issues using a single 16gm cart to fill a tyre up to 2.35 & I also like to run my tyres hard up to 40psi.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘CO2 Cartridges’ is closed to new replies.