• This topic has 39 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by JonR.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • clever parking seen on commute to work
  • rOcKeTdOg

just as the cyclepath joins the road, it’s not like there’s loads of room behind where they could have parked is it? 🙄

at the cyclepath junction with the road by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

flip
    Free Member

🙄

Ride over it..

Trimix
    Free Member

On my commute I pretty much ignore the cycle lanes – they are crap.

Ride where its safe – maily on the pavement actually since they are empty and the road full of cars and lorrys.

allthepies
    Free Member

Meh.

spooky_b329

Might have been tight for parking the night before? I’d blame the road design personally…should have a section of solid line cycle lane in the road to help merge with the traffic (or the solid line extended a bit further if thats what its for) if not at least some double yellows.

Davesport

Melt his retinas with your Troutie 😀

Chris-S
    Free Member

Its motorist like this that give the rest of us motorists a bad name.

Just look at that parking – It gives cyclists absolutely no option but ride around it in masses of space!! 🙄

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Your grips are minging

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Apart from it being parked within 10m of the junction what’s wrong with that?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

his headgasket has probably just gone

Nick

That is a heinous act, hope you key’d the car in revenge.

Saccades
    Free Member

his headgasket has probably just gone

+1

😆

hels
    Free Member

Parked facing the wrong way too – something else that should be banned.

foxyrider
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can you still get those stickers for these situations?

DezB
    Free Member

This idiot (blue Citreon) had the temerity to crash this morning next to the cycle lane! Forcing the traffic to use my lane. Pah!

rOcKeTdOg

And at least 3 people inc yourself taking pictures 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

I always wish for Chris Akrigg’s skills when car are asking to be ridden over.

DezB
    Free Member

And at least 3 people inc yourself taking pictures

Not me – tis a still from the video camera 🙂

beagle
    Free Member

Saw a speed camera van parked like this the other day in Bramhall/Hazel grove complete with cyclists having to move out into traffic. Mad!

Grimy
    Free Member

Mmmmm Badger. Nice top cap. 😀

miketually
    Free Member

Parked facing the wrong way too – something else that should be banned

It is. It’s just not enforced very well.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s just selfish and inconsiderate, when people park on cycle lanes or in such a way that impedes cyclists/makes it more dangerous.

Shame some of these cars sometimes get damaged, isn’t it? 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

Brake levers down the side of every panel hard enough to make a dent.

bigjim

Definitely needs comedy bike tyre tracks painted going over his car.

Olly
    Free Member

carry a can of white road paint and paint the lines underneath, on the top of the car.

D0NK

I’d blame the road design personally

Yep loads of bike lanes that actually might be quite useful are ruined because of daft stuff like this – ie having a bike lanes joining a road and letting cars park there.

should have a section of solid line cycle lane in the road to help merge with the traffic

Exactly! Of course drivers would completely ignore the mandatory parking restrictions but 100% of the blame would then be on the drivers 🙂

Cycle lanes eh? 90% are rubbish design, the 10% well designed ones are ignored by drivers. Hey ho.

McHamish
    Free Member

Ride where its safe – maily on the pavement actually since they are empty and the road full of cars and lorrys.

Genius.

I’m going to employ the same logic when travelling on roads…I’ll go where it’s safest for me. On my bike I’m going on the pavement, and in my car I’m going in the cycle lane…actually sod that, I think I’ll drive on the pavement too.

Of course that means I can’t walk anywhere anymore as there will be no one beneath me in the vehicle food chain.

orena45

In my previous work place in Derby, we had a wall of shame of similar parking efforts we’d seen around the city. Our ‘best’ one was of a Police van parked in and completely blocking a segregated 2-way cycle lane (the one on Exeter Bridge if you know Derby).

singletrackhor
    Free Member

bunnyhop it, mind the aerial tho.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Yep loads of bike lanes that actually might be quite useful are ruined because of daft stuff like this – ie having a bike lanes joining a road and letting cars park there.

I’ve heard that cycle lanes are often used as traffic calming measures rather than an effective way to get cyclists from A to B. There’s at least one near me that reinforces that idea.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Selfish inconsiderate person shocker.

gwaelod
    Free Member
    one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

carry a can of white road paint and paint the lines underneath, on the top of the car.

There is a section of double yellows near where I used to live where people always park to use the shops. It used to block the traffic so badly that it sometimes would take me 20 to 30 mins extra to get home due to reducing the road to a single lane and traffic having to wait to pass the cars parked on double yellows.

Regularly saw the police queuing to get past and not doing anything.

So I started to.

I took to spraying two yellow lines down the side of any car parked on the double yellows with road mark spray.

Strangely enough people started to use the car park 20yds down the road…

poisonspider
    Free Member

Flat bars and bar ends? 😯

Are you sure this wasn’t taken 10 years ago?

SiB
    Free Member

I hope you sent photo in to work to illustrate why you couldnt make it in today due to an unpassable obstruction

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Trimix – Member

Er, your commute?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Trimix – Member

That’s not a commute by bike though is it?!

GavinB

It’s only an advisory cycle lane, rather than mandatory, so he can drive in it, park in it, do whatever he likes in it. Plus no double-yellow lines to restrict parking, so hardly ‘crime of the century’.

I’d worry about slightly bigger issues…like your bar ends and minging grips! 😉

JonR
    Free Member

To be fair its a Rover, I tend to give Rovers a pretty wide bearth anyway incase anything falls off it and scratches my bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘clever parking seen on commute to work’ is closed to new replies.