Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Clear cycling glasses
  • pete68
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some decent quality clear glasses. Something mid priced would be ideal.Whats good and what to avoid. Ta.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bolle safety glasses

Simon

bolle safety glasses

The pair I have scratched easily. But almost cheap enough to be disposable.

passtherizla
    Free Member

+1 for Bolle saftety specs. I have a set of groove. been great.

avdave2

I prefer the fit of the DeWalt safety glasses. Whatever type suits you best the answer is definitely safety glasses though.

rootes1

3M safety specs… oddly the exact same ones that we order from the work PPE catalogue

stinker
    Free Member

Just picked up 2 pairs of clear Peltor glasses for £8. Lovely and clear, seem to resist scratching well (both at work and on the bike). I had some Bolle ones previously. Also great.

Duggan

I got some for a fiver from Aldi a year and a half ago and they work great

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve always used DHB ones from Wiggle with the interchangeable lenses but i’ve broken about 3 pairs of them now and they keep changing the lens size which is annoying when i replace them. So i’m no longer spending £20+ a time on them.

I just bought 2 pairs of the most basic clear riding glasses from Decathlon for £7.99 each and they are far superior to the DHB. Comfy, good wide vision, 100% UV protection and cheap enough that they can almost be classed as disposable. Won’t be using anything else from now on. For 2 or 3 quid more you can get the ones with interchangeable dark lenses as well but i didn’t bother as i pretty much ride clear lenses all the time.

Northwind

I’ll give you an unrecommend first- Madison Shields, fine in use but the legs fall off at the slightest provocation. Annoying at first, then they get lost. No reason to buy these.

And yeah, safety specs. Usually Bolle BL10 for me, but I just got a pair of 3M Elys Sport that were cheaper and seem less scratchy. The Bolles definately do scratch easily, even if you try to take care of them but that’s OK, since you can buy about 60 for the price of one pair of Oakleys. Certainly get more use from 4 pairs of Bolles than one pair of Shields.

justatheory
    Free Member

I use cheapo Decathlon ones. Nice fit and only £6.

drofluf
    Free Member

Another vote for teh Decathlon ones here

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Clear cycling glasses’ is closed to new replies.