Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Classifieds Conundrum
  • Podium
    Free Member

Never had this before…

Sold a low value item recently and the person is asking for a refund as it's not what they expected.

Not being a shop that sells things on approval I have refused as the goodies are as described and in reasonable condition.

If I had mis-sold or were damaged then wouldn't hesitate.

Think in future i will insist on pics exchange/perusal to sign off on any potential transactions.

Discuss…

poppa
    Free Member

If you described the item accurately I would say they are not entitled to a refund.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, difficulty is folks' differing interpretations of a description.

muggomagic

I'd agree to a refund, but less the postage costs. Then if I was the buyer I'd probably just try selling it on if it were no use to me.

wwaswas

I'd offer money back on return of item less my original postage costs.

clubber
    Free Member

Which part and what is the seller's issue with it?

Podium
    Free Member

yeah,easily solved in future with a pic or three i think.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Peoples descriptions can wildly vary. My mint condition is as in out of the box mint. Others is a bit scratched and dirty with some stickers on but still mint. Fussy buyers should insist on hi res pics or its their own fault imo.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We really need both sides of the story – and there is an issue that what is immaculate to some folk is not to others.

However if it was as described then no refund required

Podium
    Free Member

selling stuff is quite labor intensive – packing,journey to P.O. waiting in line for 20 mins [usually]

if I sold a duffer then fair dos but not if someone changes their mind,doesn't fit,not quite what they expected and so on.

the-muffin-man

Fussy buyers should insist on hi res pics or its their own fault imo.

Agree with that – there's no way I'd buy anything without pics, but also I wouldn't sell anything without pics either – its saves a lot of hassle!

clubber
    Free Member

if someone changes their mind,doesn't fit,not quite what they expected

Agreed. That said, I have had things in the past described as VGC which had some significant localised scratching even though they were functionally perfect.

PaulBecks
    Free Member

Come on Garry, do the right thing – I don't mind purchasing and using used goods or clothing, it makes sense for someone to get some extra use out of someone's unwanted stuff.

I'm a regular buyer, seller and contributor of all things mountain biking on these forums and would have expected better from 'kin'

I've offerd to cover your postage costs incured, hell i'll even pay you extra for the envelope, tape and your time and effort!?!

£5 to my Paypal account please and lets draw a line under this! Please send your return address to my email.

P.S If it had been advertised as a grey, well used vest with marks on it i would have stayed well clear!!

Paul

markd
    Free Member

*bin ninja hat on*

is this the Pearl Izumi base layer… it was £7 wasn't it…?

Surely you would just think Mega Bargain as long as it arrived washed?
    If it's a medium i will take it.

clubber
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-an-assortment-of-fine-products

Pearl Izumi Fieldsensor sleeveless base layer [that'd be a vest then] medium white £10

Hmm, a bit 50/50 here – not much detail if it is indeed grey and well used but then it's a base layer so is it really that relevant and really the buyer should have asked for more detail if it was important. Hmmm

PaulBecks
    Free Member

I was unhappy with the item and offered to refund the sellers postage cost on returning it – is that so bad?

I have no problem in accepting items from guys who buy from me… whatever the issue, as long as my postage costs are covered.

Good Karma – pass it on…

clubber
    Free Member

is that so bad?

No but it's still a hassle for the seller. Like I said, it's not inaccurate, just maybe lacking enough description for you. Maybe one to chalk up to experience considering the low cost…

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am trying to imagine how one could be impoverished enough to argue in public about £5, and yet still retain sufficient dignity to refuse to wear a grey vest. 🙂

wwaswas

lol @ BD – I was surprised at the need for discussion about a fiver.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Its only £10!

And you are still out of pocket by £5 if you return it under your conditions!

Suck it up, learn and move on.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pictures!!!!

tinsy
    Free Member

What sort of stain?

tracknicko
    Free Member

second hand base layer = grimmest bit of clothing.

1 stop short of second hand pants!

rs
    Free Member

buyer should have asked for pics or at least some deatils before buying, the seller doesn't state what condition it is in, it would be better if they had but buyer should have asked more questions.

pastcaring
    Free Member

tracknicko +1

muggomagic

Tracknicko, Dibs on the pants. Any stains? Pics please.

ononeorange

Give the disputed fiver to a mutually-acceptable charity. Everyone (should be)happy.

clubber
    Free Member

Donate it to the forum!

Wharfedale
    Free Member

I'm happy with the last grey vest I bought 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Arguing about a sh vest for £7 WTF

Coyote
    Free Member

<checks date>

Are you guys for real? Arguing over a skanky vest? Buyer should've asked for pics.

Jerome
    Free Member

plus one for coyote, oh and I am reading this so that make me too sad

Tiger6791

Buying another mans 2nd hand vest is just wrong.

Trying to sell it is just as bad.

This place does make me laugh

2tyred

Podium
    Free Member

^^ that's the one

"grey" is stretching it a bit!

I'll pop some OMO in the post [do they still sell that stuff] it'll come up whiter than white.

Cost me £40 back in the day,absolute bargain.I can't be Santa all the time 🙄

zaskar
    Free Member

Always ask for pics!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Arguing about a sh vest for £7 WTF
    Buying a secondhand vest for a few quid even

However – if it is grey and stained and thats not what the description was? How was it described and lets see pictures.

clubber
    Free Member

Read the thread, TJ

wwaswas

Read the thread, TJ

that's a bit radical, isn't it?

clubber
    Free Member

One day…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds Conundrum’ is closed to new replies.