Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Classifides scam? (A new slightly more sinister one?)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

posted an add up for a 165mm shock. Not much interest on the forum, but got a couple of e-mails.

One offering a 165mm fox float RL, just serviced by fox apparently. Click on the pic and it's a RP2, click on the link the seller included to another add and there's a pic of a float RL, checked the sellers e-mail address in the other add, and it doesn't match the address of the e-mail that I received.

Are scammers going out and mathcing up WTD ads with FS ads? Then e-mailing the potential buyer to try and get them to pay up for goods they don't have?

vinnyeh

I don't see what the point of doing that would be. Why not just send any old photo?
    Lots of people have multiple email addresses as well. I would like to know somebody's user name on here though, if they've replied to an ad, and you can't cross reference them to here. Getting them to put a post on your ad using their user name is a good idea.

nuke

If I get an email and I don't know who off the forum it's from, I ask for their stw username…at least then you can see if they're a regular poster and get some idea of history.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I normally ask for a photo of them with a tin of beans on their head and them holding a loaf of bread if i have any doubts

allthepies
    Free Member

Greek ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Greek?

allthepies
    Free Member

Classifides – sounds like a Greek philosopher.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

haha 😀 well spotted

sockpuppet

it's a common speeling error that i find annoying. anyway, back to my corner.

andrewh
    Free Member

it's a common speeling error that i find annoying. anyway, back to my corner.

Mis-pront their. You're own spilling is appealing!

mcinnes
    Free Member

I normally ask for a photo of them with a tin of beans on their head and them holding a loaf of bread if i have any doubts

Pure genius!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Classifides scam? (A new slightly more sinister one?)’ is closed to new replies.