Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chumba HX2 – Whats it like?
  • bentos
    Free Member

I am currently looking for a 120mm travel 29er (SS) to run as my trail bike (I have a rigid scandal for lightweight duties).

Does anyone have any experience of the Chumba HX2 or can anyone recommend a similar frame around the same price point?

Thanks

ton

i owned a hx2, it was a very nice quality frame.
    but it proved a pain in rear to build up into a suitable uk trail bike.
    this was down to lack of braze on’s or cable guides.
    also very hard to fit a large volume rear tyre without it rubbing on the front mech.

i would look else where for a frame to build into a uk friendly trail hardtail.

Clink

Isn’t the current frame new though?

ton

si_progressivebikes – Member

si, big tyre/front mech thing sorted?

Ton, the ST has been tweaked slightly, but to be honest as with most 29ers with really wide rims and wide tyres there won’t be a huge mount of clearance.

loco, The One will be available around March.

this is what si told me when i asked him about the new version.

bentos
    Free Member

As i will be running it SS i doubt the clearance to the front mech will be much of an issue. Was the clearance to the seat stays / seat post / chain stays ok? Any build quality issues (eg creaky EBB)? and what was the feel of the bike like on the trails?

ton

if you are running it ss, then i reckon it will be bang on the money.
    ebb never made a sound with me on it.
    i ran it with 130mm white bros forks, and it was awesome.
    descending was great fun on it, i took it over the gatesgarth/nan beild route and kept up with all the full sus riders.
    build quality is a proper step up from the other h/tail 29 frames about today.

si-wilson
    Free Member

The older frame had less clearance with a front mech/massive tyre. newer one is better, certainly no worse than any other 29er frame.

The frame clearance is huge, will fit a big volume tyre no problem.

never heard of anyone complain about the EBB, in fact if they are not greased well they are a struggle to move.

si-wilson
    Free Member

A heads up, all Chumba HX2 and Chumba HX1 frames are now £299. Colours and sizes are pretty limited.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chumba HX2 – Whats it like?’ is closed to new replies.