Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chris King No Threadset Vs. Cane Creek
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

Always Believed Chris King have been the ebst headsets, with the 10 year warranty and the fact that now they finally have given up using the plastic o rings.

Recently spotted teh Cane Creek 110.
    With an extra 100 year warranty time on the Chris King, there must be some huge confidence in it! However i can’t see my CK going anytime soon!

Anyone excperienced either or both of these?

Comments?

monkeyboyjc

never had any issues with my CK and there for never had a reason to replace it – however that Cane Creek was down to £30 in the CRC private sale a couple of months ago, i was tempted to get one (or two) but then forgot…. not that this is much help to you. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got two KIng headsets that I’ve been running for years. Upgraded to the taper top cap as well. Bought the wife a 110 in the CRC sale. Still not fitted it yet though. I’m not much help either.

messiah
    Free Member

Many years ago I bought a top of the range Cane Creek headset and it rusted in a matter of weeks. I got a refund but to this day I hold a grudge.

So I’m no use either 😉

beanieripper
    Free Member

same here, got a ck fitted on my bike and got a 110 from crc for 30 quid for the gf…early days yet but seems as smooth and well made as a king, anodising isnt as nice though… but if you can get a 110 cheap why bother with a king…

Driller
    Free Member

A 110 might have a 110 year warranty, but a Chris King might as well not have a warranty at all, because in my experience you’ll never need to return it. And what I want to do is ride my bike, not come back to it and find the headset needs taking out and sending back (like the Nukeproof one on my hardtail).

Not that I’m saying the Cane Creek isn’t good quality, I don’t know, I’ve never even seen one.

But if you are a manufacturer you could, say, make a part for £10, sell it for £100 and give a ‘forever’ warranty. You’d need to replace it loads of times before you made a loss on it. Not that I’m saying the CK isn’t a good headset, just that a 110 year warranty doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good quality piece of kit, they might just have priced it with say three replacements in mind for every one they sell.

Or that might not be it at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chris King No Threadset Vs. Cane Creek’ is closed to new replies.