Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • changing specialized pitch for orange 5
  • maggsy99
    Free Member

thinking of selling my medium 09 pitch comp frame with fox rp2 rear shock for a new orange 5 frame had a go on my mates orange 5 and loved it do you think its a wise move…..

grumm
    Free Member

Depends – Orange 5 is bit lighter I think and probably not as slack head angle so maybe better for general riding but not quite as good for downhill hooliganism. 🙂

igm

My 05 (bought ex-display in 06) has had no problems. Noisy, creaks a bit, but on it's original bearings and tough enough to take me down the 4X track at Les Gets with my three year old son on the LOCT seat in front of me.

Somehow the most telling write up I heard was my best man saying "it rides like a bike". It does, completely understated and just very competent at the lot. He bought one too. As did my wife.

Some people don't like them though. Apparently.

Edit: Downhill Grumm? Just make sure the forks are up to it… 66 to 67 degrees depending on the fork – the rest of the bike will probably take as much as you can.

GW
    Free Member

how much do you want for the Pitch?

hugh_b
    Free Member

They are extremely nice bikes, you couldn't really go wrong with one! I've had my fair share of frames and i can honestly say it's the most fun bike i have ever owned! Basic single pivot with just 2 easy to access bearings so nice and UK friendly! With the suspension technology now days bob is pretty much a thing of the past so it climbs fantastically too!

maggsy99
    Free Member

dont know yet but i bought it brand new at the end of may …..

coogan
    Free Member

I'm just interested to know what bike doesn't ride like a bike.

forge197
    Free Member

I've had an Orange 5 and I do have Pitch, I would do another full ride on the 5 and then do the same ride on the Pitch for a proper back to back to test and then make a choice. It helps remove the rose tint of a different bike.

I'd keep the Pitch faced with that choice and maybe do a skills day and get the most out the Pitch as it's a very capable bike.

slackman99
    Free Member

Maggsy

Drop me an email if you're looking to sell your Pitch frame as I could well be interested 🙂

slackman 99 at gmail dot com

gymaint
    Free Member

I've always wanted a 5 but every year they go up in price significantly. I was going to get the new Pitch in November but on Monday I hired a 5 Pro at Glentress for the day and loved it. I don’t want to pay £2,500 for a Pro but am considering the S, do you think it’s worth the extra £350 considering the components on t Pitch are better?

grumm
    Free Member

Have you tried riding a Pitch yet?

gymaint
    Free Member

No not ridden one, but will before buying. Just thinking on cost alone?

seanodav
    Free Member

@ gymaint. Try the pitch, chances are you will love it. Better warenty also, by far.

onewheeltoofew
    Free Member

Personally, I'd go with a heckler.

grantway
    Free Member

gymaint I have a 18 inch Orange 5 AM 08 model for sale
    Disco Black colour
    and with 5 months left on Blank warranty Card.

Fork and shock serviced in Feb 09 and had Mojo
    change the internals on the Talas for 09 spec
    Hope Mono 4 brakes
    and Thonpson finishing kit
    All top spec in excellent condition.

£ 1,800.00p ONO

e-mail me grantway01@hotmail.com

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

do you have shares in SC onewheeltoofew thats the second time youve said that today!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Pitch's are very good bikes I loved mine but I went a bit over the top on it 😆 it was too much bike for what I spend most of my time riding.

The Five is also a very good bike,

Wookster

I have a five and its brill mate really good, costly in comparsion to a pitch, but its a different kettle of fish. but I rode the five and just loved it so held out to get a bit more cash to get the pro with some addded bits. been brill so far and its been through some rough stuff!! fast up and down and excellent fr the uk stuff!

The pitch its cheaper and like all spesh bikes it will be really good I know this will keep being said but you need to test em both, one of them will be "right" and you'll then know what to go for! FIVE IS BLOODY AMAZING THOUGH!!! 😉

Richyb
    Free Member

Orange 5 is bit lighter I think and probably not as slack head angle

Standard 5 and Pitch both have a head angle of 67º

5 with 6inch forks takes it to 66º, so slacker than the pitch.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ahh a pitch with 160mm forks is a bit slacker than that 😀 and it's covered under warranty

Richyb
    Free Member

You can get the 5 from orange with 160mm forks so that would be warrantied too?

Sounds like the head angles are identical.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘changing specialized pitch for orange 5’ is closed to new replies.