Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Changing font size on laptop
  • Blackhound

Sure this is a dozy question but here goes:

I have a Toshiba laptop using Vista OS. Sometimes when my hand is ested on the keyboard somewhere the font size reduces on the page I am on so that it is barely legible. If I come out and go in again then the small size remains. It does it on the particular site I am on, not all pages/tabs I may have open. Problem is I can’t recreate the issue. I thonk it is something to the ‘mouse’ bit and probably touching another key.

What am I doing and how do I reverse it?

Thanks, a technoclot.

nickjb
    Free Member

Not sure about your laptop but mine has a multitouch pad so that if you drag two fingers on it (like on an iPad/pod/phone) it zooms in or out. This changes the fontsize on some websites. You might need to hold a button down like ctrl or shift as well.

Militant_biker

Sounds like there may be a trackpad gesture which you may be triggering – Google suggests Toshibas have a pinch-zoom facility a la smartphone. http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Computer-Troubleshooting/Touch-pad-keeps-changing-the-font-size/td-p/73552

nuke

I’ve a Toshiba Satellite (Windows 7) and it’s as nickjb says: if i put two fingers on the pad them move them apart the mouse icon will change to a magnifying glass and the font size will increase. To make smaller, two fingers apart then bring together.

TBH I use an external mouse most of the time…if I hold the crtl button then use the wheel on the mouse it will increase/decrease the font depending on direction

Blackhound

Thanks guys, knew I could rely on STW – I gave it the two finger thingy and sorted it. Will know in future.

Now, about my sex life…….

Drac

Now, about my sex life…

Use 2 fingers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Changing font size on laptop’ is closed to new replies.