Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 300 total)
  • Champions League Final
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Funny how nobody has said 0-0 then pens.

I hope Barcelona don’t pass the enjoyment out of the game with ten thousand 3 foot one-twos…yawn

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆 Nice baiting Grum but not interested.
    Dont argue with elfin remember Liverpool players dont cheat and carragher apologised because he is a stand up guy etc.
    if you want some real fun post up links of gerrard diving and listen to him defend him.

allthepies
    Free Member

Barca obviously. Worth it to p*ss off Baconface.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

TBH I’m more concerned with where my forks I’ve bought recently are. Come on, Parclefarce, pull yer fingers out! 😡

yossarian
    Free Member

only one team in it.

Barca should win because they are the stand out team, perhaps one of the all time greats. Man U second best in europe? hmmmm not totally sure about that but I want to see the best club side in the world win the most important club trophy, thats how it should be.

binners

New forks? Is there going to be some owning going on fred?

Hairychested
    Free Member

On one hand I want MU to slaughter Barca, 3-0 in the first 15 mins, followed by a feast and the game finishing 5-3 to MU, but… a Messi taking penalty-taking lessons from John “The Brave” Terry would be nicer. Or a free kick by VDS ending in the Barca’s goal… Or Rafael, Carrick and O’Shea scoring 😉

MrSparkle

ABU

binners

yossarian – We’ve only conceded one goal in the whole Champions League campaign this year. Barca are a superb team. Definitely one of the greats. But I don’t why everyone’s assuming that they’re going to pummel us?

It’ll be a completely different match to two years ago

spacemonkey

drink at three times the rate I would normally

The same here. I used to chain smoke back in the day too.

I remember the 03 Rugby WC final: in the pub around 8am or whenever it was, followed by some serious speed-drinking until the final whistle. Passed out around lunch-time before being woken up by mates. Proceeded to spend the rest of the afternoon playing pool against mates and all-comers and didn’t lose a single game! Loser buys a pint too = I still remember seeing my table piling up with pints and JDs. Kept going all night too. Those were the days 😀

portlyone

Luckily(?) in the last two finals Walkabout has tended to run out of beer, or so they claim, so I’d sober up around the mid point of the second half. Having got their at noon to pitch camp it was a long day.

Then I’d watch the game again the next day to actually watch the game and not just experience it!

Lifer
    Free Member

4-1 Barca
    Man Utd will be lucky to get 25% possession

they are vulnerable when teams have a go at them and i dont think their defence can defend as well asthe rest of the team can play.

Of the 61 league games Pique and Puyol played together they’ve lost only 1, and that was 2 years ago.

donsimon
    Free Member

Man U to score a couple in the dying minutes to win….. Nah! that’ll never happen…
    2-0 Man Utd… (2nd half goals).
    At home. (Madrid).

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

C’mon Barca, STUFF Utd!! 😈

john_drummer
    Free Member

c’mon Barcelona

Junkyard
    Free Member

did not say the defence was rubbish just that it was the weakest part of an exceptional team conceded twice as many goals as we have for example [ 8 v 4] and we have not conceded away from home – a new record.

portlyone

Barca defend my making “small” fouls high up the pitch, if we can ride them and break on them they’ll be vunerable to our pace.

billysugger
    Free Member

What’s that blue and yellow badge above?

I remember seeing one of them somewhere about 5 years ago

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I remember seeing it in the FA Cup last year.

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

A rare sight in Europe still when you are proper rubbish I suppose having your biggest enemy fail with only a league title and champions league final must make you feel proud in not reaching the play offs.

yossarian
    Free Member

yossarian – We’ve only conceded one goal in the whole Champions League campaign this year. Barca are a superb team. Definitely one of the greats. But I don’t why everyone’s assuming that they’re going to pummel us?
    It’ll be a completely different match to two years ago

I don’t think united will get hammered. It’ll be a game of few clear cut chances and I reckon barca will take theirs better than you will.

billysugger
    Free Member

Junkyard leeds won one game against Man U so they are a better side.

I mean look at Liverpool, it’s their policy. Play total shite against the Blackpools of this world then step it up and run their legs off when Man U come to town

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes good pont
    Guardiola said earlier today about the game
    ” it will be a tough game but thank **** it ain’t leeds then we would be in real trouble”

trailmonkey

I hope Barcelona don’t pass the enjoyment out of the game with ten thousand 3 foot one-twos…yawn

You and I have very different ideas about what enjoyable footbal may be.

I’m tuning in specifically to see Barcelona’s rapid one touch passing.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’d rather have Beckford than Rooney. 😆

Still, he was great at the World Cup.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m tuning in specifically to see Barcelona’s rapid one touch passing.

When they do 700 passes just to move up the field a few yards, it does get a bit…well…tiresome.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bloody Parcelfarce vayn has just driven past! I bet the driver’s now going to return to the depot and claim he coon’t find the address… 😡

billysugger
    Free Member

TrailMonkey I enjoy watching the intricacy of the passing when they’re attacking but when there’s 2 Barca defenders on the edge of their own box, stood 3 ft apart with no opposition pressure on them and they choose to play half a dozen passes between themselves for no apparant reason I get bored, maybe just me…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Agh the doughnut has just driven past again! 😡

john_drummer
    Free Member

I remember seeing it win at Old Trafford in the FA Cup last year.

there, fixed that for you 🙂

doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, especially when we’re two divisions lower down, boy do we enjoy it 😆

GlitterGary
    Free Member

What forks you waiting for, Elfin?

billysugger
    Free Member

You’ll be living on that for at least another season john

john_drummer
    Free Member

absolutely 🙂

last time we won at OT was 1981. So let me have my moment of fun

duckman

Barcelona? Pah! Utd all the way.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPGq9hJG2U[/video]

Bimbler
    Free Member

Mancheter news

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6-NK7PIAj4[/video]

(Apols. an oldy but goody, imo)

Hope they both lose tbf, but come on Barca

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

‘Redelivery Scheduled’.

Useless. I saw that vayn drive up and down at least three times. Went out to try to see where he’d got to, but he’d buggered off.

They have ‘phones, GPS thingies, even a flippin map would work, as archaic as they may seem. Or, right, what’s wrong with stopping to ask a passer-by, or even pop into one of the shops which are very prominent, to ask directions? IE, use a bit of initiative?

Took 8 attempts to contact ParcelFarce. Hopefully will now be bunged on for tomorrow, but tbh it’s piss-poor, and not the first time they’ve cocked up. Why can’t they employ people who actually have the ability to find an address? How do these people cope otherwise?

Ah well I spose the sender will get a refund on the postage.

Not good enough though really, is it? All because some knob can’t be arsed actually using their brain to work something out… 🙄

COME ON BARÇA!!!!

scaredypants

I hope barcelona play really well rather than boring the crap out of the opposition

Don’t care who wins

My guess is Rooney sent off after 60 mins (while 1-0 to barcelona) final score 2-1

portlyone

Rooney sent off for scything down Iniesta, Xavi and Messi while they ran in sheer terror from Vidic

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, all you Manure fayns getting excited then? 😀

As much as I’d love it to be Liverpool in’t final, I have to say I don’t envy that gut-wrenching horrible nervousness that comes before such a game. TBH, you just want it to be over and your team’s won. Before and during is simply torture.

Right, beer’s cold, snacks ready, washing-up can wait….

donsimon
    Free Member

Before and during is simply torture.

not sure I’d agree with that. WTF is going on with the Clockwork Orange Dancers?
    If anyone has any doubts, We are the pride of all Europe…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYjr_2pN1j8[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘Champions League Final’ is closed to new replies.