Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Casco Viper Mx
  • thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

I fancy a helmet that has a little more protection and quite like the look of these. I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that is a registered stockist?

They did have them untill recently on CRC but they have been discontinued, and I would prefer to pay in £’s rather than €’s and get one one from Germany or Austria.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Not a fan of the Met Parachute

nickc

If you need chin protection buy a full face.

RepacK
    Free Member

Dont agree with that Nick – sometimes its nice just to have a little more protection but without the inconvenience of a full-face helmet. I have a Viper & its no bother to take the chin strapoff & put it in my bag when I dont want it & visa veras.

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

RepacK where did you buy yours from?

RepacK
    Free Member

Some place up in Scotland I think – a place called Escape Route but I dont think they are stocking them anymore.

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

Thanks I checked their website and they must have stopped stocking them.

Would anyone esle be able to help me in locating one of these helmets or is a visit to German Ebay for me?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Why does no one seem to like the MEt Parachute? I’ve worn one for some time and I can’t say I’ve ever had an issue with it. Is it just “not cool”? 8)

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

I just think that the Viper is a more substanstial helmet with a better/easier connection for the chin guard for around the same price. The reviews I have read seem to prefer the Viper to the Parachute too.

And yes IMO it does look a darn site better 8)

MrAgreeable

Why does no one seem to like the MEt Parachute?

This is about the 80th time this has come up, but I had a Parachute for a while and they don’t offer anything like the protection of a proper full face as there is nothing to absorb front impacts – if the chin guard takes a hard impact it will basically push back into your face.

I’m not sure whether this is any better or worse than hitting the ground unprotected but it’s going to be a poor substitute for a full facer as they have thick padding round your cheekbones that cushions impacts on the chinguard.

The Casco looks burlier but I don’t know if the padding arrangement is any better.

tandemonium
    Free Member

I bought one from Fat Tread Bikes in Aviemore a couple of years back, don’t know if they still stock them or not.

Also, I am sure I saw one in the little bike shop in Peebles.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I didn’t want a full facer but wanted more than a “normal” helmet – at the time the Parachute and the Viper were the only options. I thought the Met looked cooler in both senses of the word
    I never take the chin guard off

FieldMarshall
    the-muffin-man

These are the new importers…

http://www.eurobike.uk.com/list.aspx?CAT=28

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

Thanks guys but looking at the prices its unfortunately cheaper to get one imported from Germany. €’s it is then! 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Casco Viper Mx’ is closed to new replies.