Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Carrera Subway Zero singlespeed. £199.99!
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

This looks great value for £199.99. Anyone use one? i’m going to go take a butchers as i reckon it’d be great for a hack bike and with a load of old higher end gear i’ve got at home i could make it look quite good. 😀

bone_idle
    Free Member

I saw one in the flesh couple of weeks ago and must say I was well impressed in fact I had to look twice because it seemed to good to be true, Perfect for nipping down the shops or commuting, I have seen nothing better for money buy it.

sheldona
    Free Member

Drinkmoreport where are the tyres I paid for on Aug 31st?

eth3er
    Free Member

Delicious.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ohh this might get interesting….

fadda

Makes tea, cracks biscuits open and settles on to a comfy chair…

sheldona
    Free Member

I don’t think it will get interesting as he’s been ignoring emails for 4 weeks so we’ll be lucky to see a reply on here!

All I want is a refund or the tyres! Not too much to ask is it?

hopster
    Free Member

Where does he live? I’m rummaging for my bombers now.

sheldona
    Free Member

Leeds I believe!

Andy

Hmmmm does anyone live in leeds, who might be rather large, with a strong sense of justice?

Sorry, bit to much Red and just wondering…. 👿

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

It may not require an owning with bombers.

Perhaps you could rent him with some Pikes?

naokfreek
    Free Member

Perhaps you could rent him with some Pikes?

Nice, very nice 😉

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i work in halfords (i know) and recently THREE people who work at the shop i work at have bought them. Initial impressions are very good, the crankset is good quality truvativ stuff. I cant remember what the wheels are but seem to be of good quality given the price. The brakes are tektro v-brakes so are pretty powerful for a road bike. The freewheel looks like a cheapo Diamondback quality one which isnt awful but not the best but who cares abotu that? Its fixed baby!!!

Also, if you can CTW them than youll get it for a smidge over £120 i think.

Only problem is they are **** impossible to get hold of! We had to DHL all three of them from other stores. Please go and whine at your store to get them so head office realises they are awesome and need to be sold.

thekingofsweden

Saw this on another post in classifieds !

“Well its brand new with no marks at all, its basicaly been built, ridden to check the size and then disasembled (?). my personal email is down so i cannot send you a pic just yet but it really would be like a kona pic”

Doesn’t sound too likely does it as email accounts are so hard to get when you have Internet access !!

sheldona
    Free Member

Just maybe Drinkmoreport works for Singletrack and thinks it’s acceptable to make promises to send stuff which never materialises! That would explain it?

singlespeedstu

Looks like drinkmore has gone a bit quiet.

Don’t you want to know what people think about the Carrera?

Maybe your busy packaging up the tyres that you’ve not sent out?

TheSwede
    Free Member

The other night I thought I heard a train coming from miles away. I turned the telly off to listen as it got louder and louder. The table and light fittings were shaking and the dog was cowering in the corner. I ran out side in fear that an intercity was due to arrive at platform The Swede. Phew, just the Tollah peddaling up to see me on his rims. Poor bugger is completely tyreless. Join the “drive to Leeds to get don rubbered” march. Bring your own bombers although club bombers will be available, rebound and compression can not be guaranteed.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Send the tyres you oxygen thief c*nt.

People like you make life just that little bit worse for all of us.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Public apology.

Yeah i’m a ****, hands up and all that. i’ll get them posted tomorrow. first class. oh, and the bike looks good as i’ve now seen one.

eth3er
    Free Member

This is now The Official Tyre Watch Thread. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

drinkmoreport – Member
    Public apology.

Yeah i’m a ****, hands up and all that. i’ll get them posted tomorrow. first class.

That’s fair enough, and well done for apologising.

Send the tyres you oxygen thief c*nt.

People like you make life just that little bit worse for all of us.

That, on the other hand is way, way out of order. In fact, unless it’s some ‘in joke’ between the two of you that the rest of us aren’t party to, it’s shameful. Disgusting. How can you say such a hateful thing? I can understand ‘Tollah’s annoyance, but it’s a pair of tyres, not something absolutely vital. And it’s not like Drinkmoreport is deliberately being out of order by the sounds of things. And it’s got bugger all to do with you, BH9er.

Sorry, but I just don’t think there’s any need to be so offensive.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Well, I’d reverse the outrage bus, but you’re blocking me in with your counter-outrage bus!

😉

vdubber67
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed this thread. It’s got everything for the casual watcher… 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed this thread. It’s got everything for the casual watcher…

Except a picture with a link!

tommo
    Free Member

200 quid for a bike with v-brakes, no suspension and no gears.

Doesn’t seem that good to me!

Now, on the other hand, those decathlon singlespeeds for under 100 quid, that seems better…

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

I think that Pike rental agreement is about to be torn up….. 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

Wow!! Didn’t think I’d get a response like this!! Thanks DMP, I’ll look forward to receiving them.

I’ve got to agree BH9r approach is a little harsh, its only a pair of tyres but I know where you’re coming from. After 6 or 7 years buying and selling on the classifieds this is the only time I’ve had ‘issues’.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I’d reverse the outrage bus, but you’re blocking me in with your counter-outrage bus!

I’m too upset to move it. 😥

No need for that though is there? Come on.

Two hundred pounds for a bicycle with a decent quality frame and components seems like a bargain to me.

Those Decathlon ones are bloody brilliant for the money, but a bit heavy, basic and nowhere near as nice as this Carrera.

The Decathlon ones are the perfect choice for a ‘lock it up and don’t worry about it’ hack bike though. The Carrera is nice enough to worry about!

tommo
    Free Member

I mean…who would could possibly enjoy riding a bike without gears… 😀

lagerfanny
    Free Member

The thoughtful people at halfords because of a little interest in this bike have upped the price to £249.99 this morning !

I went in my local branch yesterday to have a look at one, but of course none on the shop floor but 74 in their warehouse. Would not get one to view and would only order one with a full payment in advance!

faint
    Free Member

the store in Basingstoke have one on show.

ton

Andy – Member
    Hmmmm does anyone live in leeds, who might be rather large, with a strong sense of justice?

tollah, get intouch if he dont send em………….i will go round and gently persuade him to sort it………… 😉

Rich
    Free Member

This looks like better value if you don’t mind the smaller wheels. You could always rip the gears off if you wanted singlespeed.

sheldona
    Free Member

Well it’s now Thursday and no tyres ?

eth3er
    Free Member

Say what!? Outrage I tell you outrage. I have a pair of bombers in the basement; Z1s don’t like ’em much but they would do.

singlespeedstu

Is it time to call Ton in to action yet?

sheldona
    Free Member

It’s getting close! Payed for on Aug 31st not received as of 7th Oct, taking the pish!

Jamie
    Free Member

Fred Sed:

That’s fair enough, and well done for apologising.

Sorry, but it is the easiest thing in the world to apologise. I would give the plaudits once the tyres have been received….which it seems they have not been.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Especially as I bought a Subway one (21 speed) last year for £196.

Brand new, new model, from Halfords, all legit!

😀

(They were on offer. £280 down to £220, minus 10% for reserving online, and a £20 accessories voucher chucked in as well)

I’ve done 1400 miles on it so far, including a 12 day tour round Devon and Cornwall. It’s a very nice bike actually. Solid, quick steering, neat handling, tough. To be fair, the only thing I can see me replacing it with would be a Subway 2…

sheldona
    Free Member

Still no tyres! As Jsmie ^ says, esy to appologise and say yeah I’ll send them 1st class on Monday! It Fridsy now and even the Roysl Fail aren’t as useless as dmp

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Carrera Subway Zero singlespeed. £199.99!’ is closed to new replies.