Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car Winter Tyres
  • blades2000
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone uses winter tyres on there car?
    If so what makes are good?

Thanks in advance.
    Nick

darrell
    Free Member

I do and Bridgestone. Its the law here in Norway. In fact they are going on the car on thursday

uplink
    Free Member

Vredestein do some good Winter tyres

aviemoron
    Free Member

Both me and the missus use Gislaved. Brilliant generally in the usual wet and cold, but especially reassuring in snow, which even though we don't get as much as we used to, can still make life difficult up here on normal tyres.

benz
    Free Member

Definately – although it would be great to have more snow nowadays to justify them a bit more.

Had a spare set of wheels with Toyo Snowprox tyres for my old car – fantastic grip in the snow and slush. Limit was typically when the car bellied out on the snow.

My wife has some Hankook Snowbear for her car – not so great in snow as the Toyos but an excellent 'just in case there is snow' tyre.

Recently changed my car so once I get another set of wheels then likely tyres will be Nokian (Finns must make good winter tyres – no?).

If anyone is in N East Scotland and wants 4 x 195/50 x 15 winter tyres on Renault Clio 16v alloys (4 x 100 pcd and which I had on my Golf but also fit some Vauxhall) then give me a shout.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car Winter Tyres’ is closed to new replies.